Football
Sponsored by

Greatest moment in Baylor Football history.

4,271 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PartyBear
wuzzybear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

Thanks for the clarification. I think we probably would have done something like that if Charlie had been playing but he was out & Zeno was in and his first game experience was the previous week against Kansas.

I also enjoy the conversation. In fact, I love this kind of trip down memory lane!
Or if we had Seastrunk or Glasco cuz you know Seastrunk would have made almost anybody miss him in space and Glascow would have said just give it to me twice and I'll get our 3yds! But you are right. Another thing I will say is I can't believe Platt got caught from behind after the catch. He had about 3-4 yds on the safety and he also had a trailer...can't remember who it was but there was no OU player after within 20yds. If Platt could have felt the pressure from behind I think he could have been heads up enough to cut straight across the field throwing off the safety and then it would have wild. With a trailer he could have flipped it back and had a sure TD.

Everything is hindsight, but I thought Platt was the anchor of the 4 x 100 relay team. I don't know it still just hacks me off we could not pull that one out. When OT came I knew we were cooked. I just felt it. We needed a total surprise on that drive and Platt gave us that chance. If only...LOL!!!
saabing bear
If you don't mind one of the old people speaking up I've always considered the greatest moment in our football history to be the punt block against UT in '74. It turned around the game that turned the season that turned around the history of Baylor football.

I'll go finish my nap now.
Wichitabear
saabing bear said:

If you don't mind one of the old people speaking up I've always considered the greatest moment in our football history to be the punt block against UT in '74. It turned around the game that turned the season that turned around the history of Baylor football.

Don't mind at all. That was my freshman year.
BUGWBBear
Definitely beats the night we beat Steve Young.
PartyBear
saabing bear said:

I think the 2011 game did this again except in even grander fashion. It created national branding for the program which it had never really had and did so after of string of about 14 seasons of abject futility.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.