Football
Sponsored by

Where do I park this Saturday?

2,647 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Reverend
beardoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pecos 45 said:

De nada.

"West Texas is the kind of place where you drive 100 miles for a date."
Have done this. 126 miles round trip was personal record.
We were at PK and headed to Waco Friday morning when Old300 called to tell me the news. Was about a mile from 180, was going East to 16/6 and Waco, but turned back west and home with the sads.
Thee University
I was guessing you might be out around Ft. McKavett when you got the news.

It was a trail of tears in San Saba after the Armadillos got clipped by the Llano Yellowjackets over in Llano.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Pecos 45
We picked up half an inch of much-needed rain. That and the half-inch we got on September 9 has things looking better.
But I still miss Baylor football.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
historian
At least God has the priorities straight: we want both but the rain is more important. We must be patient: no doubt we will get our football soon enough, probably Kansas next week.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Thee University
Pecos 45 said:

We picked up half an inch of much-needed rain. That and the half-inch we got on September 9 has things looking better.
Good for you.

If you find yourself flying down Hwy 29 give me a shout and swing in for a scotch or bourbon pick me up to get you on into Waco. I'm about 10 miles off 29 just West of Burnet.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Pecos 45
Thee University said:

Pecos 45 said:

Good for you.

If you find yourself flying down Hwy 29 give me a shout and swing in for a scotch or bourbon pick me up to get you on into Waco. I'm about 10 miles off 29 just West of Burnet.
I will take you up on it, IF we have another football game and IF I get another ticket.
Been wanting to meet up with you since I discovered we have a Burnet connection.
I've been going to the Burnet-Lampasas area since I was 10 years old.
Love that country, but our best friends' heirs sold that ranch last year, so I no longer have a place to hang my hat along Rocky Creek

These are odd times.
I feel old. (sigh)
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Reverend
Those 'Dillos are good. Look for them down the road in the playoffs. Llano had to get an onside kick and score with 15 seconds left, 35-31.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.