Football
Sponsored by

Hearing from a fairly reliable source that Tuesday is Herman's termination date

12,111 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Stefano DiMera
ImABearToo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strong...Herman....Meyer....none can overcome the entitlement mentality that covers that tee shirt culture. "Doing less with more, that's how we roll!" Oh and many thanks to texas for filling in for the once popular aggy joke. Well deserved!
boognish_bear
The success in Norman surely adds to the pressure....

boognish_bear
JXL
RR/BV said:

Asked Grant Teaff about Urban Myer. He said he did not like him. Interesting

Not surprising, Meyer is a sleaze ball.
Pecos 45
Jorkel said:

Pecos 45 said:

My viewpoint is that Urban Meyer will turn down the UT job because of his health, his good salary at Fox Sports and his wife.
She doesn't want him to have another aneurysm.
And coaching in Austin will bring that on.

But looking at this as a semi-neutral observer, I don't think they should be canning Herman in his third season, with a winning record. His numbers aren't Charlie Strong level, and he has had the misfortune of coaching aggressively, without being able to convert. (4th down in particular)

I do not think he is a bad coach, but 7-3, or 8-4 will get you fired in Austin.

UT's biggest issue has been that they don't get the level of play from their QBs that Tech, ISU, TCU and Baylor has enjoyed since Mack Brown left.
Not seeing a Heisman candidate in the past 15 years, whereas Baylor had RGIII, Tech had Mahomes and OU had Baker Mayfield.
IMHO, they are a QB away from challenging for the national title, but luck is a hard thing to capture.

10 years sure but 15 years they did have Colt McCoy and he was a great college QB and Heisman runner up.
Your point is well taken, and I admit my error.
(I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.)
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Chamberman
Well it's Tuesday and Tom still sits on the 40 acres. If it didn't happen this week, I highly doubt it will happen at all...this year.

Total buyouts for the entire staff sit around $24MM. And unless Meyer is a done deal, signed and delivered, Del Conte, ain't about to fire Herman with a just hope of getting the Redeemer in the door. And I think Meyer is a long way away from a done deal.

Herman will be gone, but it will be next year before it happens, IMHO.
BUletters
Well said. That "fairly reliable source" apparently not fair or reliable. So, nothing to "take to the bank" today and probably not this year, unless they lose to KSt which with rumored opt outs is not impossible.
Dia del DougO
Herman should get ahead of it and opt out for the rest of the season.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
PartyBear
I just heard from a reliable source that Tom Herman is the HC at Texas.
Jorkel
I don't have a newsletter
Singletary63
Stay tuned....he will not be the head coach at UT next year.
Singletary63
IowaBear
Singletary63 said:

Let me guess you saw Saban and Meyers spouses looking at property together in Austin ?
Media Bear
BUletters said:

Well said. That "fairly reliable source" apparently not fair or reliable. So, nothing to "take to the bank" today and probably not this year, unless they lose to KSt which with rumored opt outs is not impossible.
Pecos 45
People love to post "I've heard from a reliable source" because it makes it sound like they were in the room where it happened.
It's all ego.
It's Wednesday, Tom Herman is still there.
And I still think they may make a run at Art Briles because Urban is going nowhere.
(That is just my OPINION. No "reliable sources.")
Malcolm Forbes
Aliceinbubbleland
There is a better chance UT will reform the band and play the aggy war hymn as their fight song than there is any chance, remotely, of hiring our savior, Art Briles.
OsoCoreyell
Pecos 45 said:

People love to post "I've heard from a reliable source" because it makes it sound like they were in the room where it happened.
It's all ego.
And I still think they may make a run at Art Briles because Urban is going nowhere.
UT is too dang "woke" to allow themselves to hire Art. There will be test balloons that will be shot down with malice.

Art will have to catch on and "reform" at a place like SFA or Texas State first. Then, Katie bar the door!
boognish_bear
OsoCoreyell said:

Pecos 45 said:

It's all ego.
UT is too dang "woke" to allow themselves to hire Art. There will be test balloons that will be shot down with malice.

Art will have to catch on and "reform" at a place like SFA or Texas State first. Then, Katie bar the door!

I am not sure that Art will ever get another shot.... but if he does the one place I could see giving him a chance would be Liberty when Hugh leaves.
REvansBU71
jumpinjoe said:

PartyBear said:

ImABearToo said:

And Urban will be just another ut head coach that does less with more. It's how that worthless school rolls.

I'm pretty sure the rest of us we'll regret them hiring Meyer. He would likely have that program looking on the field like the richest program in the country.

It would be an awful look to see UT in highlighter burnt orange against Baylor in their banana yellow. Yuk !!!

Yes, the yellow is sickening, but gold unis would be even more ghey, not that there's anything wrong with
that!
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
Jorkel
Singletary63 said:

I heard from a source that Coach Aranda will not finish his coaching career at Baylor. Stay tuned.
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

gold unis
Correct. Would be awful. But nobody wants that either.

These would be just fine.

Illigitimus non carborundum
greggor25
Do not pass go and do not collect $200.
Pecos 45
Jorkel said:

I don't have a newsletter
Irony is lost on some people.
Or maybe I'm too hip for the room?
Malcolm Forbes
boognish_bear
Which Tuesday did OP mean?

Green&GoldStandard
ImABearToo said:

Strong...Herman....Meyer....none can overcome the entitlement mentality that covers that tee shirt culture. "Doing less with more, that's how we roll!" Oh and many thanks to texas for filling in for the once popular aggy joke. Well deserved!

Urban might tell them what to do with their entitlement mentally...and then develop another heart condition.
TWD 1974
RR/BV said:

So texas will pay 20 million Herman and assistants and hire a cat that has players in jail 24/7. They want to win something fierce.
It would be an interesting hire if true. Will probably be $100mm contract. Look, you have to admit the guy wins everywhere he as been. The question I have: is Texas prepared for the controversy? With the winning, Urban Meyer teams bring controversy, often with player off the field behavior. Urban turned down Notre Dame for Florida because ND had too high admission standards.
BayouCity
CBS Cover 3 podcast said the UT flirtation with Urban is over.

But I'm not sure if that source is reliable enough for y'all.
historian
If you do a quick search of the topic, it's easy to find lots of articles from Longhorn & mainstream media sources all saying essentially the same thing. They may not be reputable either (both are notorious for lying & both share much blame in Baylor's recent fake scandal). It's also possible that both Texas & Meyer are sending false signals until he gets the deal he wants (or they round up enough cash from BMD's). Not much point in worrying about it now or spending too much time speculating about what might happen.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Media Bear
CorsicanaBear said:

Quote:

gold unis
Correct. Would be awful. But nobody wants that either.

These would be just fine.

Loved those duds. Home and away ...
Pecos 45
All I know is that it is December 10, and Herman is still there.
The "reliable source" that started this thread back on November 28 was possibly incorrect.
Surprise!!!

I still do not believe Urban will risk his cardiac health and a cushy job at Fox Sports to take on the drama queen situation that is Longhorn football.
The attitude down there is that anything less than a National Title is a failure.
As the fans always tell their new HC, "We're with you, coach, win or tie."

(Insider trading confession: My daughter graduated from UT Austin, so I was privy to all of the crazy stuff that goes on in that town. With no pro sports team, the Horns are it with rich folks coming into the Cap City.)

I still think Herman is a good coach who made a bad decision in the ISU and last year's LSU game. If I were the AD, I'd give him two more years to get his QB and get him up to speed, but on one asked me and I'm just another person on a message board with an opinion.
RansomBU
Texas Longhorns AD Chris Del Conte confirms Tom Herman will return as coach
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30503702/texas-longhorns-ad-chris-del-conte-confirms-tom-herman-return-coach

ImABearToo
Whew, we can breathe again. Mighty Tom remains at the helm. Another preseason Top 15 ranking followed by a 7-5 or 6-6 finish. Entitlement culture at its finest.
geewago
Boy oh boy, for a man who was going to be fired a few weeks ago, he sure tuned it around. Thread didn't age too well.
historian
Often the case with gossip.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Stefano DiMera
Thank God for him the KU game wasnt played..that was a no win situation...and if they didnt win...oh boy...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.