Story Poster
Baylor Football

Warrior, Leader, Winner: Thank you for everything, Charlie Brewer

December 13, 2020

SicEm365 Premium Special: 3 months for $1.00!

In December of 2016, having never set foot on campus in an official capacity as a recruit, you, Charlie Brewer, a one-time SMU pledge, made a decision based on faith to join Matt Rhule in Waco at Baylor.

None of us knew when you made your pledge and arrived on campus that Baylor had secured the commitment from the player that would be the No. 2 statistical quarterback in the history of the program, second only to Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III, but we were in for a treat for the next four years.

There were many ins and outs, ups and downs and twists and turns in your career, but this isn’t a time to discuss those things. What is appropriate is to take this opportunity to say thank you to the man who would do the unimaginable to convert the most insignificant of third down attempts, or give up his body for the biggest of touchdowns in the biggest moments. 

You came to Baylor in what many consider the darkest hours of the program and you were part of the team that elevated Baylor back to national relevancy. You were the leader of the team through the thick in and thin.  You were the ultimate competitor and that competitive nature made you a joy to watch, win or lose. 

Thank you for each and every one of your 21 victories, every single one of your 87 touchdowns and every single one of your 10,739 yards that you scratched, clawed and fought for. 

The leaps into the end zone, the lowered shoulder into the chest of a defender for a first down, the Houdini escapes from the pockets, the comeback victories. From my seat, all of the memories will forever be cherished.

At the conclusion of what has been a frustrating season it is easy for many of us to forget that a big thanks is owed to you. We thank you that you did not allow losing seasons to be acceptable. A bar that had fallen prior to your arrival due to things out of your control, you helped pick it up and reset it for all of us to enjoy once again.

Your career at Baylor will be defined by more than the result of 2020, a year that has thrown many hurdles and obstacles in the pathway. 

Warrior. Leader. Winner. That’s how I will choose to remember you. 

Thank you for your four years in Waco and good luck at your next stop. 

Discussion from...

Warrior, Leader, Winner: Thank you for everything, Charlie Brewer

6,950 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearFan33
Gobearsone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I totally agree.
SIC EM 94
Excellent post and accurate...thank you Charlie!
kyriec1
CB have it everything for BU. 100% commitment mind body soul.
big tuna
Thanks, CB. Good luck to you next year!
longtimebear
Amen and AMEN!!
MrGolfguy
Branch155
Exceptionally well written.

Charlie never mailed in his effort. He never quit (even when I thought, for the sake of his health, he should have). He never whined or made excuses. I can't count the number of times he willed us to a win.

I wish his last season with us had yielded more wins. Unfortunately, life is sometimes like that.

I hope he finds a great situation, like Russell Wilson's last season at Wisconsin. A situation where he stays healthy and has tremendous success. He has earned it.
chorne68
I agree. He is a warrior. He has always been a winner except this year. I blame coaching over him. No wonder he is leaving. I wish him well.
BradGartman
THIS. Colt, this is the reason why I am a premium subscriber to sicem365 and why I listen to every podcast and read every article. You and your team are the best at covering Baylor athletics. #keeprising
Midnight Rider
Yep, yep, and yep.
bear2be2
Branch155 said:

Exceptionally well written.

Charlie never mailed in his effort. He never quit (even when I thought, for the sake of his health, he should have). He never whined or made excuses. I can't count the number of times he willed us to a win.

I wish his last season with us had yielded more wins. Unfortunately, life is sometimes like that.

I hope he finds a great situation, like Russell Wilson's last season at Wisconsin. A situation where he stays healthy and has tremendous success. He has earned it.
Well said. I agree.
jdrs
Thank you for writing how I feel. I am so thankful for him giving us so many great wins and so disappointed for him this season went the way it did. You always knew he was giving it his all.
TechDawgMc
Excellent
HuttoBear
Being under 2 different coaches and 2 different offenses caused the downfall of CB, He could have been a great QB. I don't blame him for leaving. Says alot about his view of next years team will be. I bet we want get a bowl invitation next year.

There is a hell of alot of work to be done by this team and it should begin with the coaches.
merckywaters
Thank you, Chuck!
You gave it your all, when we were at our lowest.
Good luck to you!
#FreeCinque
Richie Bear
Charlie played his freshman year when he should have been redshirted to get physically ready for Big 12 football. He gave his all to Baylor football. Maybe he took too many hits, but to be #2 in most quarterback stats in Baylor history is an incredible accomplishment. Thank you Charlie!
BearFan33
Thank You CB
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.