Story Poster
Baylor Football

Reliable, violent offense: Grimes explains RVO scheme, identifies tactical approach

January 12, 2021

Jeff Grimes describes the nature of his offense in two parts: reliable and violent. Put into an easy to remember acronym, Grimes calls his offense an RVO offense. A natural play off of RPO, or run-pass option, a tactic that has taken the country by storm over the last decade plus. 

The key to the RVO offense is culture which naturally polishes a system that becomes sharper over time.

To continue reading, you must be a SicEm365 Premium subscriber.
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial
Discussion from...

Reliable, violent offense: Grimes explains RVO scheme, identifies tactical approach

5,113 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearFan33
oorahpa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
looking forward to seeing this offense in action. on a different approach my impression in speed on the plays is something other teams could not prepare for as their scout teams could not duplicate. by thw 3rd quarter our receivers were separating. for those who say the other programs have caught up I believe they have caught up with where we were but not where we were going. Bum invented the 3/4 in the 70's. He continued to prefect as has Wade. Being an originator has a huge advantage. winning is great but exciting winning is much more fun. leading the nation in 40 second and 60 second scoring drives is exciting and all the country loves it
John Heard

Timbear
Is there something to be said for NOT telling everybody what you're going to do?
BearFan33
I'm excited by the prospect of a reliable violent offense.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.