Story Poster
Baylor Football

Gameday Thread: No. 16 Baylor welcomes Texas to McLane Stadium

October 29, 2021

Get SicEm365 Premium 6 months for $18!

Depth Chart | Class Scholarship Breakdown | Schedule | Big 12 Standings | Roster

No. 16 Baylor (6-1) will host Texas (4-3) at McLane Stadium on Saturday at 11 a.m. CT as both teams enter the game on the heels of an off week.  

Articles: Baylor vs. Texas

Quote of the week...

Dave Aranda: “Starting fast is way important. If you look at their first quarter and their second quarter. It might be two to one on what's happening on the third and fourth. I'm sure they're spending a lot of time trying to get all those numbers up. One of the things that stands out about them is that they jump on you fast. It's big plays generally. There is a there is a wave that you have to withstand. For us, early games, starting fast being on being on our P's and Q's eyes, where they need to be. Answering and finishing drives on offense, being aggressive on special teams, and matching in intensity. All that from the get go is going to be way important. I see aggressiveness when I put on the film and watch Texas. I hope they see that from us. It'll make for an entertaining matchup.”

Craig Smoak’s Players to Watch 

Texas — Running Back Bijan Robinson

The dynamic superstar in Austin, Robinson is a dual-threat runner and receiver, totaling 13 touchdowns and over 1,100 yards of offense through 7 games. At 924 yards rushing, it's not a question of if he crosses the 1,000-yard mark this weekend in Waco; it's a question of by how much. In addition, Robinson hasn't fumbled a single time this season and scores in some fashion at least once per outing. A true game-breaker, he will get at least 20 carries and a couple of passes thrown his way at a minimum.  

Baylor — Running Back Abram Smith

Smith and Trestan Ebner go hand in hand regarding the Bears' running attack. Both will be key every week. However, I found Aranda's comments about breaking tendencies coming off of the bye week interesting. For Smith, that would mean more opportunities to catch balls out of the backfield. Most of all, though, given the role physicality typically plays in this series, the West Texas native is the right kind of guy to set the tone in Waco early and often. 

Tailgate Show | Saturday 9:00 a.m. CT

Discussion from...

Gameday Thread: No. 16 Baylor welcomes Texas to McLane Stadium

34,253 Views | 463 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wangchung
Drisk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Ohio St. Band has been doing those for years. We definitely took a page out of their playbook with the basketball championship halftime show. There are some great ones on YouTube of the Buckeyes past performances. Definitely worth a watch.
bear2be2
BUGWBBear said:

I doubt he can read his text book, let alone a DEFENSE!!!
Dude, go **** yourself. Seriously. You are bar none the worst poster on this board, and that's saying a lot.
bear2be2
Pjaeck said:

Grimes is terrible

This is an objectively terrible take. We've gone from a bottom 25 offense to a top 25 offense, and we have clowns here trashing the architect of that turnaround.
bear2be2
Bear8084 said:

BUGWBBear said:

Bear8084 said:

Freedomb3ar said:

Lmao. Wow. Texas coaches are drunker and dumber than ours.

Epic

Well that...and our coaches aren't dumb.

Beg to differ. Our secondary coach is a fyuckclown, he's so stupid.

Sign off and go home. You're an unbearable *******.
FIFY
historian
bear2be2 said:

Pjaeck said:

Grimes is terrible

This is an objectively terrible take. We've gone from a bottom 25 offense to a top 25 offense, and we have clowns here trashing the architect of that turnaround.

Possibly a troll. Signed up less than a month ago.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Wangchung
bear2be2 said:

BUGWBBear said:

Dude, go **** yourself. Seriously. You are bar none the worst poster on this board, and that's saying a lot.
"Ignore" works great on these types until someone starts quoting them.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Jack Bauer
Wangchung said:

bear2be2 said:

BUGWBBear said:

He can't even be happy with a 7-1 record.
Imagine if BUGWB was a UT fan.
Wangchung
Jack Bauer said:

Wangchung said:

bear2be2 said:

BUGWBBear said:

He can't even be happy with a 7-1 record.
Imagine if BUGWB was a UT fan.
I used to read the football threads without an account but signed up specifically to be able to ignore the jagoffs in the game threads that start saying we are going to lose the very first time we have something negative happen. They are the worst kind of fans to have around. Please people, stop quoting them. Reply to them if you must but erase their quotes from your posts, please.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.