Waco

2,520 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Volunteer
Danger Zone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are contemplating moving to Waco in a year when my sons go to Baylor. I havent spent much time in Waco since graduating in 1997. What areas of town should I look at? I'm thinking of at least an acre and 3500ish sqft
OsoCoreyell
WDanger Zone said:

We are contemplating moving to Waco in a year when my sons go to Baylor. I havent spent much time in Waco since graduating in 1997. What areas of town should I look at? I'm thinking of at least an acre and 3500ish sqft
Woodway
Redbrickbear
Danger Zone said:

You should have bought that 3500 sqft acre lot home in 2012 and not today.

Waco and its housing prices are blowing up.
ursamajor
If you want an acre+, you'll probably be looking at Lorena or China Spring or McGregor, I'd think.
cowboycwr
With your requirements I would think Woodway would be out as there isn't much land for sale there of that size.

The outer areas are where you would probably look. Not Waco city limits but the places already mentioned like Lorena, McGregor, China Spring or others like Robinson, Speegleville area, or others a little further out like Axtell, or a few others.
TenBears
There are some BEAUTIFUL areas between China Spring and Valley Mills. I guess it's just a trade-off with respect to how far from the city you can tolerate being.

ABC BEAR
The area between Lorena and Robinson.
Yogi
ABC BEAR said:

The area between Lorena and Robinson.
Funny you should say that. For the first time in a long time, I traveled down Rosenthal Parkway during the holidays.

They are building some splendid subdivisions out that way. I love the new entrance to the one development that is apparently supposed to be a giant aqueduct.

In any event, those are some good sized-lots in a really great location.

When I was a kid, all that was cow pasture, and it was definitely quiet.
1outawayBear
Tangle wood is a community being built that is .5-1 acre lots in Woodway.

Good luck
Porteroso
Large lots in Woodway will run you a pretty penny. There are some lots with a ton of land that can't be developed against the lake, but they are expensive.
3rd String Kicker
There are a pretty fair number of one acre+ lots in North Waco, some with houses that size, from Lake Air all the way to MCC. If you want to stay off I-35 and Hwy 6 most of the time, with a bonus of a nice optional drive through Cameron Park on the way to downtown.
4th and Inches
Since you won't be having kids in the school district, you can live almost anywhere you want in McLennan County.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Volunteer
Based on the parameters you mentioned, I would suggest Woodway. Nothing wrong with China Spring, Speegleville, McGregor, and etc.... but in those areas convenience can be an issue. In China Spring and many of the other areas mentioned, people will say it's only 15-20 minutes to the mall or to HEB, and it's true, but that 15-20 minute drive can become a pain in the butt rather quickly - especially if it's 10:00pm and you're out of coffee for tomorrow!

Badger Ranch and Tanglewood both offer larger lots.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.