I saw an article on the web about new restaurants etc looking at Waco.

16,670 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by trey3216
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This was not in the Trib and yes it could be bunk. However alot of things matched up with things I had seen confirmed in the Trib. There were about 80 or so places looking at Waco, Temple and Killeen. Those two cities were also included as it was not exclusive to Waco.

Anyhow among those that caught my eye is that a pretty cool Austin based fast food burger place called P Terry's is looking to expand into Waco. Currently they are only in the Austin area and perhaps in San Marcos and SA.. But this place has a cool vibe in my opinion for a fast food place. It has a 1950s southern California type of vibe and look to it. Looks like something from old school Hollywood. (Think of that famous Bob's Big Boy in Hollywood that has made it into movies such as Pulp Fiction or something similar to Mel's Drive In from American Graffiti). The food is really good as well in my opinion for fast food.
BaylorHistory
PartyBear said:

P Terry's is looking to expand into Waco.
I like it better than In and Out.
PartyBear
BaylorHistory said:

PartyBear said:

P Terry's is looking to expand into Waco.
I like it better than In and Out.
Agree!!

BTW I have noticed that Kerbey Lane has expanded into sort of a chain around Austin. It would be cool if they hopped up 35 as well kind of like Chuy's did before they went national.
4th and Inches
I will take a burger joint better than In And out! I really like their burgers but the fries are awful!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
loanbear
4th and Inches said:

I will take a burger joint better than In And out! I really like their burgers but the fries are awful!
Just what Waco needs, more burger and fried chicken joints. Yeah!
SteamedHams
CorsicanaBear
How about a seafood place that is not Red Lobster? As lame as it is, a Landry's next to the Salt Grass would probably do quite well.
SteamedHams
CorsicanaBear said:

How about a seafood place that is not Red Lobster? As lame as it is, a Landry's next to the Salt Grass would probably do quite well.
The Catch on Valley Mills is halfway decent. Definitely more a fried joint, but technically its still fish. Cajun Craft is also deeply excellent
4th and Inches
CorsicanaBear said:

How about a seafood place that is not Red Lobster?
they still open? Had no idea..

The Catch and Tejun in Robinson are about all i frequent.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
STxBear81
who sells fresh Crappie from Bosque?
Weston Rogers
I've seen enough job postings to feel confident that Maggiano's is coming to Waco... No idea where the location will be, but they're definitely putting together a staff. I could see them building around the Top Golf/Main Event/Cinemark area.
CammoTX
P Terry's is like a better In N Out. It is really good and well priced. Everything is super fresh.
Yogi
CorsicanaBear said:

Dude, I have been begging Landry's to expand into Waco. They want to. Saltgrass has fared very well in Waco. Landry's is just unsure about the proper concept and timing.
Robert Wilson
BornAgain said:

who sells fresh Crappie from Bosque?

I will for the right price.
BaylorGuy314
Mighty Fine Burger is one of my favorites.
WacoKelly83
Yall need to try PeeWee's Crabcakes in Hewitt. Really good cajun seafood

https://peeweescrabcakesoftexas.com/
cowboycwr
PartyBear said:

This was not in the Trib and yes it could be bunk. However alot of things matched up with things I had seen confirmed in the Trib. There were about 80 or so places looking at Waco, Temple and Killeen. Those two cities were also included as it was not exclusive to Waco.

Anyhow among those that caught my eye is that a pretty cool Austin based fast food burger place called P Terry's is looking to expand into Waco. Currently they are only in the Austin area and perhaps in San Marcos and SA.. But this place has a cool vibe in my opinion for a fast food place. It has a 1950s southern California type of vibe and look to it. Looks like something from old school Hollywood. (Think of that famous Bob's Big Boy in Hollywood that has made it into movies such as Pulp Fiction or something similar to Mel's Drive In from American Graffiti). The food is really good as well in my opinion for fast food.
Was it this one?

https://centraltxreporter.com/2022/02/06/77-businesses-building-or-expanding-in-waco-temple-killeen-region/

I saw this the other day and clicked on some of them for more information and they seem like legit reports.

cowboycwr
SteamedHams said:

Well two of those happened... even if one did close.

cowboycwr
4th and Inches said:

CorsicanaBear said:

WE had a Red Lobster Gift card and tried to go use it once and walked in on a Wednesday with about 5 guests in the entire place and were told it would be an hour wait because they only had one server.

We left because even at free the food isn't worth that long of a wait.
PartyBear
cowboycwr said:

PartyBear said:

Was it this one?

https://centraltxreporter.com/2022/02/06/77-businesses-building-or-expanding-in-waco-temple-killeen-region/

I saw this the other day and clicked on some of them for more information and they seem like legit reports.

Yes this is the one.
Mr Tulip
If Waco could franchise a "Baby Acapulco"'s (Baby-A's) from Austin, then I understand (purely anecdotally) that would be a great place to locate school teachers of a certain age attaining a certain state of relaxation.
Mike E
Have you heard anything about a Pluckers heading this way??
4th and Inches
cowboycwr said:

4th and Inches said:

CorsicanaBear said:

WE had a Red Lobster Gift card and tried to go use it once and walked in on a Wednesday with about 5 guests in the entire place and were told it would be an hour wait because they only had one server.

We left because even at free the food isn't worth that long of a wait.
sounds like every red lobster visit I have had in the last 20 years. Was typically a birthday party or something, i would never choose that Restaurant

–Horace

1outawayBear
Mr Tulip said:

If Waco could franchise a "Baby Acapulco"'s (Baby-A's) from Austin, then I understand (purely anecdotally) that would be a great place to locate school teachers of a certain age attaining a certain state of relaxation.

First place I blacked out. Didn't know anyone who went there other than high schoolers trying to get wasted on purples
cowboycwr
Mike E said:

I have never heard anything official but have seen on their facebook page lots of comments pushing for Waco when they ask where to open the next location. So at least the company knows there are people in town that want them here. maybe with the growth going on it will just take a business leader or city employee or something to reach out to them....
BylrFan
Mike E said:

Pluckers is all owned by them, every single location. They do not franchise their restaurant hence the slow and quality controlled rollout. They open like 3-4 resutrants every year. Doubt Waco is high on the list compared to the ever growing DFW Metro, Houston Metro, and mid-major cities such as Lubbock. Killeen got very lucky with having Fort Hood..
BylrFan
P. Terry's makes the most sense, they have expanded pretty heavily outside of the Austin Bubble so I def see one coming. Possibly across Baylor or near Hawks/Viteks is my guess.
PartyBear
BylrFan said:

Mike E said:

Pluckers is all owned by them, every single location. They do not franchise their restaurant hence the slow and quality controlled rollout. They open like 3-4 resutrants every year. Doubt Waco is high on the list compared to the ever growing DFW Metro, Houston Metro, and mid-major cities such as Lubbock. Killeen got very lucky with having Fort Hood..
I doubt a local Austin chain is going to be looking at Lubbock unless they are beginning some sort of nationwide expansion. Waco would be way ahead trying to expand into the pan handle region it seems to me. In terms of entering a major city, I would think proximity to SA would make it the first major city outside of Austin to have one before DFW or Houston. There is a Pluckers on 35 in San Marcos I believe. So there is one other one that is not in Austin or one of Austin's suburbs. But hell the way the sprawl is occurring at this point San Marcos may be a suburb of Austin.
cowboycwr
Unless there is another Pluckers chain I looked them up and there are 27 locations on their website. 2 in Louisiana. Several in Austin, DFW, Houston and San Antonio. So Waco could be next as it would be an area with zero nearby. DFW, Houston, San Antonio would still have plenty of areas that they could expand to but it isn't like the areas of possible expansion there are completely bare of locations.
PartyBear
I thought they were basically an Austin place like Chuy's used to be.
Big12Bear
PartyBear said:

Pluckers has been in DFW for awhile now.
1outawayBear
PartyBear said:

They were in HOU in 2018 when I lived there
BellCountyBear
P. Terry's is worse than McDonald's. You people are really brain-dead.
1outawayBear
BellCountyBear said:

I didn't want to insult anyone..but I grew up in Austin and went to p Terry's often. It is very similar quality to hat creek IMO. Nothing to tell anyone about but your kids will like it
Robert Wilson
1outawayBear said:

BellCountyBear said:

I didn't want to insult anyone..but I grew up in Austin and went to p Terry's often. It is very similar quality to hat creek IMO. Nothing to tell anyone about but your kids will like it

Concur

Waco has numerous better burgers

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.