New Plant in McGregor

1,548 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PartyBear
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw an article in the Wacotrib (sorry can't post the link because I am out of free views for the month) that a gas company, Messer, is building a facility in McGregor with it's own solar farm. The article said it is a $50 million facility. I couldn't see anything about the number of employees. But even if a small amount it is still good growth for the Waco Area.
Coyote Bear
From the article:

"The proposed plant hardly is labor intensive, but will create 22 long-term jobs paying an average of $60,000 a year. Messer estimates construction may create another 80 jobs, with completion the second quarter of 2024."
PartyBear
I saw a German company out there on 84 near McGregor the other day. It may have been there a while but I for the first time noticed a German and an American flag out there on the highway for the first time the other day.
SteamedHams
PartyBear said:

I saw a German company out there on 84 near McGregor the other day. It may have been there a while but I for the first time noticed a German and an American flag out there on the highway for the first time the other day.

Vossloh makes fasteners for rail lines, built around 2013
PartyBear
I never remembered seeing the German flag until this past weekend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.