Health Camp Building hits the market.

2,678 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by whitetrash
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hopefully it remain Healthcamp and retain the 50's burger joint style.
Fat Daddy
https://wacotrib.com/news/local/history/health-camp-building-hits-market-for-2-3-million-owners-hope-to-find-buyer-to/article_3e085508-d0a7-11ec-9be9-97e05af0bfe9.html
Edmond Bear

I predict Healthcamp by Magnolia coming soon.
Tiny Elvis
Chip and Jo should buy and add Gainesburgers to the menu?
Bexar Pitts
Tiny Elvis said:

Chip and Jo should buy and add Gainesburgers to the menu?
I think they've been sellin' those to the starry eyed Silo crowd for years, :-)
Fat Daddy
Edmond Bear said:

I predict Healthcamp by Magnolia coming soon.

And they will ask the city for $1.2 million of TIF money!
Bear Doc
That location is ideal for anyone who wants to be Magnolia adjacent and the traffic that comes through there is insane.

I think they do well because people hear that it is 2-3 hour wait at the Table, but they can walk right in and have a burger in a few minutes.

Although people go to Magnolia table for the breakfast, pastries, coffee, I actually think a stand alone coffee place would compete well there.

Of course I do not want to lose the history of Health Camp. 2 million dollars for expanded Magnolia Table parking seems like a high price even for Chip and Jo.
Coke Bear
Being very generous here, but let's say that they pull in 500 customers a day (250 each lunch and dinner) with the average meal at $10 and open 350 days per year. Also assuming a VERY healthy 33% profit (probably closer to 20-25%) and a standard Triple-Net selling price, given the figures below, one would be paying at LEAST a half-mil premium for the stand.

Yes, Location, Location, Location. I get that; however, I believe that they are trying to get Chip and Jo to buy the business and expand. I don't believe anyone in Waco would buy at that $2.3M price. Chip and Jo aren't stupid, they won't pay that much for a business that doesn't impact their operations.

CorsicanaBear
Forget the business, it has some non-insignificant value as a going concern, but that may be dwarfed by the value of the land for another use case. How much land are they selling? What else could go there?

I think the Health Camp as we know it will be gone and the purchaser willing to spend the most money will be someone who wants the land for another use.
Coke Bear
CorsicanaBear said:

Forget the business, it has some non-insignificant value as a going concern, but that may be dwarfed by the value of the land for another use case. How much land are they selling? What else could go there?

I think the Health Camp as we know it will be gone and the purchaser willing to spend the most money will be someone who wants the land for another use.
Sad, but this is the most likely outcome. Can't blame the current owner for striking while the iron is hot.

Health Camp may be another footnote in the history of Waco.
whitetrash
CorsicanaBear said:

Looks like the tract is just under 1 acre and includes most of the parking lot behind Rudy's to the right of the Health Camp building as you face it from Circle Road. Looks like most of Rudy's parking is on the Health Camp lot; I would imagine they have a lease arrangement with Rudy's to share the parking lot but perhaps not with Magnolia.

https://propaccess.trueautomation.com/clientdb/Property.aspx?cid=20&prop_id=316733
BaylorHistory
CorsicanaBear said:

I think the Health Camp as we know it will be gone
Am I the only that feels like it's been gone for 20 years? I know that you mean literally gone though.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Nguyen One Soon
BaylorHistory said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Am I the only that feels like it's been gone for 20 years? I know that you mean literally gone though.
Lou and Jack have been gone at least that long. Definitely a piece of Waco history.
CammoTX
Coke Bear said:

Being very generous here, but let's say that they pull in 500 customers a day (250 each lunch and dinner) with the average meal at $10 and open 350 days per year. Also assuming a VERY healthy 33% profit (probably closer to 20-25%) and a standard Triple-Net selling price, given the figures below, one would be paying at LEAST a half-mil premium for the stand.

Yes, Location, Location, Location. I get that; however, I believe that they are trying to get Chip and Jo to buy the business and expand. I don't believe anyone in Waco would buy at that $2.3M price. Chip and Jo aren't stupid, they won't pay that much for a business that doesn't impact their operations.

Most restaurants like that make the majority of their money via drive thru. I wonder if there is a way to renovate to allow for that.
Bexar Pitts
Nguyen One Soon said:

BaylorHistory said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Lou and Jack have been gone at least that long. Definitely a piece of Waco history.
"History" indeed! I literally lived on Vitek's, Super Healthburgers, Pete's, and George's Chicken Fried for years.
Bear Doc
Bexar Pitts said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

BaylorHistory said:

CorsicanaBear said:

"History" indeed! I literally lived on Vitek's, Super Healthburgers, Pete's, and George's Chicken Fried for years.
Interesting choice of words for those dietary selections!
Bexar Pitts
Bear Doc said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

BaylorHistory said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Interesting choice of words for those dietary selections!
Not exactly an AHA approved diet, but it worked..Guess I should've thrown in Schlitz longnecks. :-)
CTbruin
And don't forget Baylor Chuck Wagon. I lived off the Chuck Wagon and Pete's College Inn my freshman year living in Kokernot. Even has some $25 meal tickets at both places.
CorsicanaBear
Interesting. The MCAD data say the owner is J. David Tinsley of Huntsville. Isn't that the Tinsley of Tinsley Chicken/Boss Bird Fame?

The interwebz say he died in 2014 in an auto accident.

That all did not click when I saw the Tinsley in the the owner's name. Suppose it should have.
whitetrash
CorsicanaBear said:

Interesting. The MCAD data say the owner is J. David Tinsley of Huntsville. Isn't that the Tinsley of Tinsley Chicken/Boss Bird Fame?

The interwebz say he died in 2014 in an auto accident.

That all did not click when I saw the Tinsley in the the owner's name. Suppose it should have.
I think so. Tinsley bought the Elite Cafe back in the mid 80s, renovated it, and moved a young restaurant manager named Sammy Citrano to town to run it. Bought Health Camp a few years later.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.