We need some Food Polls

1,984 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SSadler
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would be nice to be able to put up some polls for people to vote on best Tex-Mex...best whatever...is there anything besides Tex-Mex?...anyway, would love some polls that we could sticky to the top of the Waco forum.

BaylorGuy314
Tex-Mex
Burgers
BBQ
Wings
Chicken Fried steak
Dessert
Best place to watch a game
Best post-game party spot
Best late-night drink

Boernebear
Speaking of food polls, is there a single late night pizza spot near campus/downtown? I'm talking something that's open after 2am.

If not, what are the food options other than Whataburger and Fuego after the bars close? There used to be Denny's and IHOP too but those no longer exist next to campus. Seems like there's some opportunity here with a campus this size…
Twitter: @BoerneBear | #SicEm
T-REX
Boernebear said:

Speaking of food polls, is there a single late night pizza spot near campus/downtown? I'm talking something that's open after 2am.

If not, what are the food options other than Whataburger and Fuego after the bars close? There used to be Denny's and IHOP too but those no longer exist next to campus. Seems like there's some opportunity here with a campus this size…
literally nothing besides Mayne a taco truck on Lasalle. It truly is some missed opportunity
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
william
best QSF thin-sliced 'roast beef'?

- KKM

Fetterman2024
No Longer Gold
top round. but its in dallas.
No Longer Gold
william said:

- KKM

top round, but its in dallas
EnglishBear
swart dra mislei jou said:

william said:

- KKM

Closed.
william

william said:

- KKM

wrong answer.

- KKM

Hint: It starts with an 'A'.

Fetterman2024
Edmond Bear
william said:

william said:

- KKM

wrong answer.

- KKM

Abuelita's?
Boernebear
T-REX said:

Boernebear said:

literally nothing besides Mayne a taco truck on Lasalle. It truly is some missed opportunity

I was afraid that was the answer. I'm not in the restaurant business but seems like a great opportunity for someone that is. Doesn't have to be a large spot and certainly shouldn't be fancy. Just good food at a reasonable price and open until at least 3am.
Twitter: @BoerneBear | #SicEm
william
Edmond Bear said:

william said:

william said:

- KKM

wrong answer.

- KKM

Abuelita's?

Infidel.
Fetterman2024
SSadler
Not much could ever beat the old Elite (open faced turkey sandwich) or El Chico (Wednesday lunch special $1.25)--both on the Circle at the time (circa 1974).

Old Elite building is now a Fixer Upper thingy; El Chico building got razed years ago during I-35 widening.

But none, NONE held a candle to the cheap prices and high grease content of Pete Dreis' "College Inn" that sat across the street from the old Brooks Hall (entire strip of buildings long ago lost to I-35 as well).

Bexar Pitts
SSadler said:

Not much could ever beat the old Elite (open faced turkey sandwich) or El Chico (Wednesday lunch special $1.25)--both on the Circle at the time (circa 1974).

Old Elite building is now a Fixer Upper thingy; El Chico building got razed years ago during I-35 widening.

But none, NONE held a candle to the cheap prices and high grease content of Pete Dreis' "College Inn" that sat across the street from the old Brooks Hall (entire strip of buildings long ago lost to I-35 as well).

The "Hot Turk" at the Elite was indeed legendary..Had a jillion of 'em, but none before midnite or after 4 AM! :-) "Sissy Burger, French Fry....PICK IT UP!" Ever play pinball at Pete's..just to the left of front door...or put a meal or two "On the Book" when you were a little short on cash? Pete was a great guy..and got many a young student fed when cash was scarce..Just don't shine a flashlight through the windows at night...like Wild Kingdom inside! :-)
SSadler
As has been mentioned on a "Pete Dreis' College Inn" thread a year ago, I ate many, many Chicken Fried Steak "all-a-fries" as Pete would yell out in his Greek/Mediterranean brogue.. (early 1970a at BU) Full plate of chicken fried grease and fries was $1.25.

Pete could have easily been the prompt for Akroyd/Belushi's SNL "Cheeburger, cheeburger, cheeburger" bit.. !!!

And, yes, once you became a regular and Pete could recognize you, he let you keep a running tab until you got a next paycheck and/or check from mom and dad.

Never really got in to the Open face turkey sandwich at the Elite, but was thrilled you could get something to eat at that late hour (before the cultural shift to all night open drive thru fast food).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.