Smoking wood in Waco

1,432 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 4th and Inches
WacoKelly83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know of a place to get post oak or pecan for a bbq smoker? I usually get it from Academy. Just was wondering if there were any other local options.
GoBearsGo
hit up facebook marketplace
cowboycwr
I know at one time the Ace Hardware in Hewitt sold it. That was several years ago so not sure if they still do.
trey3216
The Wood Shack on Dallas Highway. Just up the road from 84.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Yogi
Try the dumpster behind the CVS on 18th Street.

Oh. Sorry. Misread thread title...
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
whitetrash
Yogi said:

Try the dumpster behind the CVS on 18th Street.

Oh. Sorry. Misread thread title...
Maybe that's why the CVS on 18th has been a Dollar General for several years now.
4th and Inches
trey3216 said:

remarkably they do in fact sell wood there..

Years ago it was a front for other types of business but it is a true wood selling business now. Selling wood actually caught on, lol
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
trey3216
4th and Inches said:

trey3216 said:

Years ago it was a front for other types of business but it is a true wood selling business now. Selling wood actually caught on, lol
During the big freeze 2 winters ago, he gave most of the wood away to people who had lost power. Was really cool. I damn near go there for that reason alone these days, but they always have a pretty good variety and pretty deep stock.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
4th and Inches
trey3216 said:

4th and Inches said:

trey3216 said:

During the big freeze 2 winters ago, he gave most of the wood away to people who had lost power. Was really cool. I damn near go there for that reason alone these days, but they always have a pretty good variety and pretty deep stock.
i remember that.. pretty special
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.