Upscale Brazilian Steakhouse coming - Casa do Brazil

6,715 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by william
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coming to the former Diversified Products property at 10th and Webster a few blocks from Magnolia and Pivovar.

https://wacotrib.com/news/local/brazilian-steakhouse-signs-lease-at-former-downtown-waco-factory/article_d7657170-ae39-11ed-b31a-c339ecdb64de.html?utm_source=wacotrib.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletter-templates%2Feedition&utm_medium=PostUp&lctg=5071658&tn_email_eh1=b3f1da369a45cdc5f61a7eda01fd49ad76001a76
PartyBear
Everything has been changing of course, but when I hear of new developments at locations like 10th and Webster, the thought of "that is a really odd place for a nice restaurant" still immediately pops into my head.
Edmond Bear
PartyBear said:

Everything has been changing of course, but when I hear of new developments at locations like 10th and Webster, the thought of "that is a really odd place for a nice restaurant" still immediately pops into my head.

It will be part of a building that has multiple anchor restaurants and several smaller restaurants. Think combo Union Hall and sit down anchors. Probably do extremely well with the Magnolia tourist crowd.
Bexar Pitts
PartyBear said:

Now I really know I'm old ! Hard to believe the Dew Drop Inn was just a couple of blocks away. Lots of outdoor activities in that area not so very long ago...and some indoor! :-)
BaylorHistory
Ohhhh I like all you can eat meats and cheese bread.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Boernebear
Can't wait for this and great to see this project moving forward!
Twitter: @BoerneBear | #SicEm
SteamedHams
I was hoping for a Cotton Patch, tbh.
Bear Doc
SteamedHams said:

I was hoping for a Cotton Patch, tbh.

Username checks out.
loanbear
Edmond Bear said:

Coming to the former Diversified Products property at 10th and Webster a few blocks from Magnolia and Pivovar.

https://wacotrib.com/news/local/brazilian-steakhouse-signs-lease-at-former-downtown-waco-factory/article_d7657170-ae39-11ed-b31a-c339ecdb64de.html?utm_source=wacotrib.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletter-templates%2Feedition&utm_medium=PostUp&lctg=5071658&tn_email_eh1=b3f1da369a45cdc5f61a7eda01fd49ad76001a76
This is the most excited I have been for a restaurant coming to Waco. I had a business in College Station and I have eaten at that location often. It is one of the best Brazilian steakhouses I have been to. Easily rivals Fogo de Chau, or Estancia.

Can't wait for this one!
4th and Inches
This is epic for waco and bad for my waist line!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
BUbearinARK
Will this be a vegan experience?
4th and Inches
BUbearinARK said:

Will this be a vegan experience?
second hand vegan
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Yogi
Upscale?

I dont know about that. Don't they have a College Station location?
whitetrash
Yogi said:

Upscale?

Upscale by College Station standards. Which probably means the plates and utensils aren't plastic.
BUbearinARK
whitetrash said:

Yogi said:

Upscale?

Upscale by College Station standards. Which probably means the plates and utensils. aren't plastic
Could have stopped there.
CammoTX
Yogi said:

Upscale?

CS has a couple of nice steakhouses. Not quite Pappas Bros but not really that far off, either.
Yogi
CammoTX said:

Yogi said:

Upscale?

CS has a couple of nice steakhouses. Not quite Pappas Bros but not really that far off, either.
All I know is that Sodolak's always manages to bring me in.
Grinnin bear
I bet this works out well. A nice addition to the slightly nicer end of the spectrum for Waco along with 135 Prime, Diamondback's, 1424 Bistro, Oak and Ivy, etc.
BaylorHistory
Yogi said:

CammoTX said:

Yogi said:

Upscale?

I had never heard of it so I googled Sodolak's. Google has what will undoubtedly be the cover art for 24th century books about life in the early 21st Century.

1outawayBear
Grinnin bear said:

I bet this works out well. A nice addition to the slightly nicer end of the spectrum for Waco along with 135 Prime, Diamondback's, 1424 Bistro, etc.
Oak and Ivy should def be in this list.

If you haven't been I would highly recommend
1outawayBear
BaylorHistory said:

Yogi said:

CammoTX said:

Yogi said:

Upscale?

I had never heard of it so I googled Sodolak's. Google has what will undoubtedly be the cover art for 24th century books about life in the early 21st Century.

Holy **** that dude hasnt seen his dick in decades
SteamedHams
BaylorHistory said:

Yogi said:

CammoTX said:

Yogi said:

Upscale?

1outawayBear
SteamedHams said:

BaylorHistory said:

Yogi said:

CammoTX said:

Yogi said:

Upscale?

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
1outawayBear said:

BaylorHistory said:

Yogi said:

CammoTX said:

Yogi said:

Upscale?

Holy **** that dude hasnt seen his dick in decades
Even. more unfortunate is that no one else it either.
Grinnin bear
1outawayBear said:

Grinnin bear said:

I bet this works out well. A nice addition to the slightly nicer end of the spectrum for Waco along with 135 Prime, Diamondback's, 1424 Bistro, etc.

I added to the list. Good stuff. About how long ago did Oak and Ivy open?
1outawayBear
Grinnin bear said:

1outawayBear said:

Grinnin bear said:

I added to the list. Good stuff. About how long ago did Oak and Ivy open?

At least 6 months ago, not sure exacts. They stayed with dinner Thursday - sat from 4-10. But now have lunch and dinner Tuesday -sat as well as brunch on sat
BaylorOkie
BaylorHistory said:

Yogi said:

CammoTX said:

Yogi said:

Upscale?

He finally gets his grilled stingray.
4th and Inches
BaylorOkie said:

BaylorHistory said:

Yogi said:

CammoTX said:

Yogi said:

Upscale?

He finally gets his grilled stingray.
steak looks under seasoned and has a weak crust..

–Horace

Bear Doc
BaylorHistory said:

Yogi said:

CammoTX said:

Yogi said:

Upscale?

I know the focus is on the dude and the steak, but can we talk about that tank of sweet tea he has next to it?
1outawayBear
Bear Doc said:

BaylorHistory said:

Yogi said:

CammoTX said:

Yogi said:

Upscale?

I know the focus is on the dude and the steak, but can we talk about that tank of sweet tea he has next to it?

Lol I think it's a weird angle and just a normal larger mason jar but could be off
4th and Inches
1outawayBear said:

Bear Doc said:

BaylorHistory said:

Yogi said:

CammoTX said:

Yogi said:

Upscale?

Lol I think it's a weird angle and just a normal larger mason jar but could be off
its probably a 24oz mason jar with handle

–Horace

Biscuits_and_Gravy
I searched 1424 Bistro and this thread was the only reference? We don't talk about that place nearly enough. We took our youngest there for her birthday while she was in town last week and it was fabulous. Each time we go there my thought is I need to go more often.
loanbear
Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

I searched 1424 Bistro and this thread was the only reference? We don't talk about that place nearly enough. We took our youngest there for her birthday while she was in town last week and it was fabulous. Each time we go there my thought is I need to go more often.

It is mediocre for me each time I visit. They had it for sale a while back so I wonder if it is under new ownership. Honestly have not been in a couple of years.
FirmBear24
loanbear said:

Biscuits_and_Gravy said:

It is mediocre for me each time I visit. They had it for sale a while back so I wonder if it is under new ownership. Honestly have not been in a couple of years.

I believe the owner retired and his daughter took over.
BylrFan
Any updates?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.