Firewater

1,270 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CorsicanaBear
Lund Vernquist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Surprised nobody is talking about the town's newest liquor store. I went by when I was in town the other day and went by, and was frankly blown away by the tasteful, clubby design as well as the personal service. Personally I could wish for a lot more wines than their limited offerings but the liquor selections and mixing accompaniments are solid. It's a small shop but seems like a pleasantly surprising and welcome addition to Waco.
sipembeers
Been in Woodway for 2 years and started in mart about 4 years ago.

Currently working on a location in McKinney.
BaylorHistory
The one in Woodway certainly has a better atmosphere than your usual booze shop.
baylrballa
yeah, It's been around. Been a frequent patron.

Owner is fantastic.

expanding rapidly to baylor location and soon to the dallas area as well.

been meaning to drop by the mart store just to check it out.
Mr Tulip
Over the holidays, I asked about Aquavit. It's a funky fennel, caraway seed liqueur that Scandinavians drink like mother's milk particularly at Christmas. The guy at the counter asked me about it, did a search, and promised to order me two bottles.

I didn't hold out a lot of hope, since I've had this scene sort of play out at other stores. Sure enough, a week later, I got a call that my Aquavit had arrived! Popped over and picked it up. They'll be my "high end" store at least, and probably more once I get used to detouring there on my way home from work (I gotta fight up the access road on Hwy 84 over there anyhow).

whitetrash
Mr Tulip said:

Over the holidays, I asked about Aquavit. It's a funky fennel, caraway seed liqueur that Scandinavians drink like mother's milk particularly at Christmas. The guy at the counter asked me about it, did a search, and promised to order me two bottles.

I didn't hold out a lot of hope, since I've had this scene sort of play out at other stores. Sure enough, a week later, I got a call that my Aquavit had arrived! Popped over and picked it up. They'll be my "high end" store at least, and probably more once I get used to detouring there on my way home from work (I gotta fight up the access road on Hwy 84 over there anyhow).

Go to the 2:04 mark. Eric (first one trying Aquavit) was a fraternity brother of mine at BU.
CorsicanaBear
They have a store in the bubble on the freeway at 10th Street (by Mod Pizza).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.