Chicken and Waffles In Waco

1,770 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 4th and Inches
redfish961
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have decided I am ready to try chicken and waffles.

Still doesn't sound right to me, but neither did fish tacos.

I'd like to start off right, so who does the best rendition in town?

What is the best way to incorporate this meal?

Together, layered, separate, or what?
whitetrash
redfish961 said:

I have decided I am ready to try chicken and waffles.

Still doesn't sound right to me, but neither did fish tacos.

I'd like to start off right, so who does the best rendition in town?

What is the best way to incorporate this meal?

Together, layered, separate, or what?
Best I've ever had is at a soul food place in NE Oklahoma City. They used whole pieces of fried chicken and had tons of veggie sides.

Haven't found them too many places in Waco yet, although Slim Chickens does a pretty good job for a fast food place.

Just pour the syrup over the chicken on top of the waffle and go to town. The flavors meld quite nicely.
4th and Inches
Not sure where to get it in Waco but you want a real waffle, not that thing from the freezer.

Second thing is a good fried chicken with seasoning/marinate. Spicy is preferred.

A good sweet (and maybe spicy) syrup to top it off.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
BaylorGuy314
Ask and you shall receive:

https://wafflechicwaco.com/
whitetrash
BaylorGuy314 said:

Forgot about them; I'm not much of a food truck guy. Only had it once and it was very good, but it's hard to eat something that messy in one of those flimsy little paper cartons.
CammoTX
whitetrash said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

Only had it once and it was very good, but it's hard to eat something that messy in one of those flimsy little paper cartons.

Username does not check out
FrankFallonCalling
For breakfast tailgate fare, it's tough to beat some Chik-Fil-A nuggets rolled up in a fresh waffle with a dab of maple syrup.
BERFAN
Chili's had a pretty good chicken and waffle. Not sure if they still have it or not but I was never disappointed.
Griz
BaylorGuy314 said:

This woman has a great story of perseverance and redemption.
CorsicanaBear
Great story, food looks good too. Hope she does well. As soon as she opens a restaurant I'll be there for breakfast.
Bear Doc
SlowRise has a brunch menu I know for sure on Sundays, but not sure about Saturdays and they have a chicken and waffles that my kids love. Fun fact, they put little pieces of bacon in their waffle batter....
TechDawgMc
Waffle street waffle company in Belton is really good.

I was actually surprised at Chili's.
tombeaux
Late to this party, redfish, but I will give you the same advice I received when I was served my first plate of chicken and waffles (which I love). The whole concept is to combine sweet and savory. My first plate had mash potatoes and gravy with the chicken, waffles and maple syrup. Try everything with the sweet, with the savory (gravy), and then mixed. I hope it works for you!
4th and Inches
tombeaux said:

Late to this party, redfish, but I will give you the same advice I received when I was served my first plate of chicken and waffles (which I love). The whole concept is to combine sweet and savory. My first plate had mash potatoes and gravy with the chicken, waffles and maple syrup. Try everything with the sweet, with the savory (gravy), and then mixed. I hope it works for you!
this! Chicken and waffles is the meal version of chocolate covered pepercorn smoked bacon or popcorn and M&Ms
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.