New Waco logo

5,062 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Redbrickbear
Lund Vernquist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This work product is the result of a $340,000 branding project with an outside consulting firm!

trey3216
Lund Vernquist said:

This work product is the result of a $340,000 branding project with an outside consulting firm!

Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
GoldenBear03
$340,000 gets you someone who can highlight and press CTRL+B?
BaylorHistory
They could've had this for <$10,000 I'm sure

“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
bayloralumna22
FACTS. Bring back the Wizards
Redbrickbear
Lund Vernquist said:

I have got to break in on the consulting firm game.....

[Currently, there are almost 1 million management consulting firms in the U.S. (a 2% increase from last year), which generate a collective revenue of $329.9 billion, according to IBISWorld. Whether the economy is booming or busting, the need for consulting persists]
BaylorHistory
Redbrickbear said:

Lund Vernquist said:

I have got to break in on the consulting firm game.....

[Currently, there are almost 1 million management consulting firms in the U.S. (a 2% increase from last year), which generate a collective revenue of $329.9 billion, according to IBISWorld. Whether the economy is booming or busting, the need for consulting persists]
"Well it wasn't my fault! We hired a consultant!"
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Yogi
No need to go back and repaint water towers at this point...
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Yogi
Hmmm... I never realized how much the flying W was inspired by Islam.
BUbearinARK
Eleven-League Grant
Lund Vernquist said:

I'm sure there's more -- like several hundred-page reports filled with page after page of vague recommendations that consist of mostly the same junk that they cut and pasted from the reports they prepared for other 'client' cities. Throw in a few photographs taken in the local setting and submit your consultant's invoice and wait for the check to come in. Nice work if you can get it.

It seems like the further away the spender of money is from the earner of money, the less efficient the use of that money. Funny how that works.
GoldenBear03
I just wanna know: Are we getting our Pappadeaux's?
ABC BEAR
Yogi said:

Hmmm... I never realized how much the flying W was inspired by Islam.

Exactly what I was thinking. The logo looks like a cross between the SS lapel lightning bolts and the Turkish flag.
BellCountyBear
Does Waco have more idiots than the average city >100,000 population? Signs say "yes"!
Hubbs
Same firm that gave Baylor the toxic green bear logo?
SteamedHams
4th and Inches
Now i know why Utah said it was gonna cost 50 million to rebrand..

Cant get much for 340k these days
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
RightRevBear
SteamedHams said:

I think this is worth at least $500,000 for you consulting efforts.
RightRevBear
GoldenBear03 said:

$340,000 gets you someone who can highlight and press CTRL+B?

I think you just won this thread.
Volunteer
Government workers and politicians have to be some of the dumbest people on earth. What a colossal waste of taxpayer money. Good grief. A bunch need to get fired..
Yogi
BellCountyBear said:

Does Waco have more idiots than the average city >100,000 population? Signs say "yes"!

Whom do you think runs the place?
Nguyen One Soon
Volunteer said:

Government workers and politicians have to be some of the dumbest people on earth. What a colossal waste of taxpayer money. Good grief. A bunch need to get fired..

Wasn't a "government worker" who did it. Would have cost a lot less if so. It was one of you private guys.
CorsicanaBear
Elected government officials (members of the Council) approved the check on the advice of City Staff (government workers) for the worthless work by a private contractor. It's pretty much government all the way down. The contractors likely specialize in working with municipalities to improve their branding. They know who they can easily bamboozle.
Grimm
Someone needs to get fired or recalled for this...
ABC BEAR
IIRC, Nike paid about $35 for a college student to design the swoosh.
cowboycwr
Typical government project. Spend thousands for something a high school student could do.
Volunteer
Nguyen One Soon said:

Volunteer said:

Wasn't a "government worker" who did it. Would have cost a lot less if so. It was one of you private guys.

It was a city government worker (more likely committee) that approved and paid for it. You are correct that the city hired an outside firm to create the updated design. But it was the city, more accurately a city employee(s) or elected official(s) that ordered, approved, and paid for this outstandingly pointless update.
hodedofome
https://www.kwtx.com/2023/09/19/new-tagline-logo-presented-waco-city-council/

"I like the design update you did which is essentially the exact same but will carry better in various mediums," Borderud said.

While the changes are minor, councilmembers were happy with the thought that went into the changes made.

"Its important how and why we do everything. I don't know if people realize how letters are shaped means something, the color of an image means something. [Sedelmeier] said [she] didn't want the W to have a tight or compressed feeling. That's next level deep," Barefield said. "Because you don't want your city to feel tight or compressed right?"

I just...have no words. And I really wish KWTX's website allowed comments. These city officials would get roasted.

Coyote Bear
hodedofome said:

"I like the design update you did which is essentially the exact same but will carry better in various mediums," Borderud said.

While the changes are minor, councilmembers were happy with the thought that went into the changes made.

"Its important how and why we do everything. I don't know if people realize how letters are shaped means something, the color of an image means something. [Sedelmeier] said [she] didn't want the W to have a tight or compressed feeling. That's next level deep," Barefield said. "Because you don't want your city to feel tight or compressed right?"

I just...have no words. And I really wish KWTX's website allowed comments. These city officials would get roasted.

What the hell? Lord help us.
redfish961
hodedofome said:

I can't wrap my head around this being real.

I realize perhaps it's an entire campaign, but to not just acknowledge that the logo is the same is insane.

You could show the original and then show the present for 10 seconds each and 99 out of a 100 would notice no difference.

So basically $340,000 for a tag line with some additional marketing.

Hopefully that video does not display everything included.

As always, the government at work.

GoBearsGo
Wonder whose friend or family member owns the marketing firm that stole $300k plus from the city.
broadusername
Bingo.
PartyBear
I wish Baylor was as subtle when it re branded. When you have a great thing going in terms of branding and marketing like Baylor did there really isnt a reason to re brand.
BUbearinARK
PartyBear said:

I wish Baylor was as subtle when it re branded. When you have a great thing going in terms of branding and marketing like Baylor did there really isnt a reason to re brand.
some notch it as a victory
Redbrickbear
PartyBear said:

Remember when President Lilley floated the idea of getting rid of the interlocking BU?

Man...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.