New Waco logo

5,065 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Redbrickbear
JL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://baylorlariat.com/2023/10/05/waco-mayor-will-not-seek-reelection-in-2024/
southtexasbear
JL said:

https://baylorlariat.com/2023/10/05/waco-mayor-will-not-seek-reelection-in-2024/

This has been common knowledge for some time. Definitely been open about it
Yogi
As long as you are in the circle, being the mayor of Waco can be a great thing.

Being a leader in McLennan County certainly comes with its privileges for you and your family.

But if you can't take care of your social place, you become disposable like the rest of the people in the county.

There are still some very Southern influences on Waco,

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
BaylorHistory
Redbrickbear said:

PartyBear said:

I wish Baylor was as subtle when it re branded. When you have a great thing going in terms of branding and marketing like Baylor did there really isnt a reason to re brand.

Remember when President Lilley floated the idea of getting rid of the interlocking BU?

Man...
How would we be able to know that we're not Boston? I get really confused on gameday.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
BaylorHistory
Yogi said:

There are still some very Southern influences on Waco,
Yeah waaaay too much sweet tea around here like we're in Mississippi or something.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Redbrickbear
BaylorHistory said:

Redbrickbear said:

PartyBear said:

I wish Baylor was as subtle when it re branded. When you have a great thing going in terms of branding and marketing like Baylor did there really isnt a reason to re brand.

Remember when President Lilley floated the idea of getting rid of the interlocking BU?

Man...
How would we be able to know that we're not Boston? I get really confused on gameday.

lol

Imagine sitting in a conference room with the Jumbo Shrimp eaters at Pat Neff Hall and being like "we have to get rid of the interlocking BU so that we can have a definitive separate brand from Boston University"

I wonder if Oklahoma big wigs in Norman ever get concerned that people will mistake their interlocking OU for Oakland University in Michigan

RightRevBear
Maybe Southern influences, but Waco is not like Mississippi. I moved to Texas from the heart of Mississippi to go to Baylor. I have no desire to move back. I mean there is so much ineptitude and corruption. Jackson can't even get people clean water. JPD and the local courts have so many issues that the capitol police have taken over patrolling much of the downtown area. I was told by a relative that this also moves which courts hear the cases.
Redbrickbear
RightRevBear said:

Maybe Southern influences, but Waco is not like Mississippi. I moved to Texas from the heart of Mississippi to go to Baylor. I have no desire to move back. I mean there is so much ineptitude and corruption. Jackson can't even get people clean water. JPD and the local courts have so many issues that the capitol police have taken over patrolling much of the downtown area. I was told by a relative that this also moves which courts hear the cases.

A guy, who is a regional quality control guy in our Industry, I speak to once in a while is from South Africa originally.

I asked him how he liked living in the USA....he said "well I live in Louisiana so its almost just like home except for the humidity and some of the Cajun food."

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.