North Bosque River really rolling in Clifton..

5,489 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Grumpy
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
River Flood Warning in effect for North Bosque River near Clifton..Expected to crest over 27 ft. later this morning..Flood Stage at 23 ft...Headed for Lake Waco! Lord knows the Lake needs the water..
Coyote Bear
That's great news!
drahthaar
Everything is rolling in Clifton!
trey3216
Bexar Pitts said:

River Flood Warning in effect for North Bosque River near Clifton..Expected to crest over 27 ft. later this morning..Flood Stage at 23 ft...Headed for Lake Waco! Lord knows the Lake needs the water..
Even better....It's running at 28,400 cf/s at Valley Mills. That's a lot of water.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Robert Wilson
Oh wow that's awesome.

Be curious to see what % / how many feet this adds back to the lake.
trey3216
Robert Wilson said:

Oh wow that's awesome.

Be curious to see what % / how many feet this adds back to the lake.

Probably not many. Would need that to be the case for 2 or 3 days to get a significant rise. Now….it's supposed to be 44 and raining on Monday, and if it's a significant rain, there will be a lot of runoff as the ground is nicely saturated upstream.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
CTbruin
The is already up 6 in over yesterday
Bexar Pitts
Here's a site that updates often..scroll to instantaneous readings... https://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/individual/waco
Big12Bear
This is a good one as well...

http://waco.lakesonline.com/Level/
Blackjack Bear
Close to a foot now.
southtexasbear
Drove over north river crossing bridge and it caught my eye. It was really flowing into lake Waco. It's been stagnant and all dried up. This is great.
CTbruin
Big12Bear said:

This is a good one as well...

http://waco.lakesonline.com/Level/

I follow this pretty closely

This is the better site
Fat Daddy
Lake Waco is up two feet …
southtexasbear
Up over 4 feet.
Now 67% capacity up from 54%!

Many of the boat ramps have been closed due to drought. Should maybe allow for some areas to reopen soon
Bexar Pitts
southtexasbear said:

Up over 4 feet.
Now 67% capacity up from 54%!

Many of the boat ramps have been closed due to drought. Should maybe allow for some areas to reopen soon
This is great to see! Plus, as Trey mentioned earlier, any additional substantial rainfall over the saturated watershed will only accentuate the rise..As is often said, droughts usually end with floods..We've got a ways to go to end this period of drought, but this is a good way to start..
Blackjack Bear
You know the old saying in Texas. Long periods of drought, interrupted by an occasional flood.
Bexar Pitts
Thanks to Big12 and CT for the Lakesonline site recommendation..Good information is always appreciated!
Big12Bear
Bexar Pitts said:

Thanks to Big12 and CT for the Lakesonline site recommendation..Good information is always appreciated!
You bet. That site sure is a lot more fun to follow after a big rain event than it is during most of the summer.

This is the highest Lake Waco has been since July 3rd.
FirmBear24
More rain coming!
Localbear
Happy to see the rain, but they were supposed to pour about 2000 sq ft of concrete at my house expansion this week. Delays in construction are the worst. All those wasted days of Summer with them getting their crap together and now this
Bexar Pitts
Localbear said:

Happy to see the rain, but they were supposed to pour about 2000 sq ft of concrete at my house expansion this week. Delays in construction are the worst. All those wasted days of Summer with them getting their crap together and now this
You may be glad that is wasn't poured before this rainy spell...Central Texas soils are probably gonna be moving around a fair bit after a long, hot drought and then deluges..
Bexar Pitts
FirmBear24 said:

More rain coming!
Looks like all 3 Bosque Rivers' watersheds are under a Flood Watch from 7 PM Friday through Saturday morning...Rainfall totals of 2 to 4 incj\hes are possible, with isolated amounts up to 6 inches also possible..This is our best opportunity in several years to put some meaningful water amounts in Lake Waco..Hope it happens, with certainly no loss of life or property.
southtexasbear

Harris Creek is not a dry creek tonight!
FirmBear24
southtexasbear said:

About six inches fell at the McGregor airport in 2 hours. Only about half an inch fell at Waco's airport over the same time.
RightRevBear
I watched the video a couple of times, and both times I was like dude you might want to take a couple of steps back from the edge. I would hate for the bank to wash away with you on it.
Fat Daddy
How high's the water mama?
Five feet high and rising
How high's the water papa?
She said it's five feet high and rising!

Lake Waco in now up 5 1/2 feet and still rising!

73.4% full.

Thank you Jesus for answering prayers and providing what we need, when we need it!
Bexar Pitts
Gotta give that an "Amen!"
Bexar Pitts
southtexasbear said:

I wonder when was the last time you could "hear" Harris Creek? Been a while.....
CTbruin
I had 4.5 in of rain last night in Hidden Valley
Bexar Pitts
CTbruin said:

I had 4.5 in of rain last night in Hidden Valley
Saw that huge red blob on radar and knew somebody was gettin' a gully washer..Guess that water found its way to Lake Waco via South Bosque watershed.. Hope so anyway! Since it looked to be moving N/NE, should have worked it's way up to Middle Bosque too..
CTbruin
The lake will be back to normal in a day or two
Fat Daddy
Now only 3.96 below flood pool…. Started the week about 12 feet below! And the lake is still rising!!!
CTbruin
Fat Daddy said:

Now only 3.96 below flood pool…. Started the week about 12 feet below! And the lake is still rising!!!

Below full pool, flood pool is 500 ft
Grumpy
I'm sure this will make our water bills go down in price, right?
Fat Daddy
Grumpy said:

I'm sure this will make our water bills go down in price, right?

Good to hear from you, Grumpy… how are things in Childress?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.