The Future of Baseball in Waco... The Waco Wackos

4,336 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Grinnin bear
vg1984
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kind of off topic but I wish Waco would bring in that amusement park concept Texas Land that was talked about this past summer. I think it would be a great place for it since it's centrally located and it would attract more tourism for the area. I think the amusement park would be on the small size.
https://www.texaslandusa.com/the-dream
Robert Wilson
vg1984 said:

Kind of off topic but I wish Waco would bring in that amusement park concept Texas Land that was talked about this past summer. I think it would be a great place for it since it's centrally located and it would attract more tourism for the area. I think the amusement park would be on the small size.
That's what I thought someone should've done with the old Floyd Casey site - right on Valley Mills and just a quick jump off the interstate...
BUMBA1
Robert Wilson said:

vg1984 said:

That's what I thought someone should've done with the old Floyd Casey site - right on Valley Mills and just a quick jump off the interstate...

Perfect spot for a an amusement park
vg1984
Another spot would be the land that's across from top golf on 35.
Yogi
There will never be another minor league franchise in Waco. Waco is the slowest growing city in all of Central Texas, and there just isn't the corporate support needed to fund a team that might attract a couple humdred spectators on average.

And I assume "The Waco Fire" is off the table...

What? Too soon?
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Robert Wilson
Yogi said:

Waco is the slowest growing city in all of Central Texas
Not sure how relevant that is. The surrounding market is the question, and Waco is the largest gravitational force in the area.
Nguyen One Soon
vg1984 said:

Is this any kin to the 180 acre Texas Country USA that was hyped to us in 1981?
vg1984
I don't think so
trey3216
Nguyen One Soon said:

vg1984 said:

We need Action USA 2.

I may be one of 8 or so people on earth that have Action USA on DVD. lol
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Edmond Bear
trey3216 said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

vg1984 said:

We need Action USA 2.

Is this the old sketchy park in New Jersey that was basically run by teenagers? Like a Six Flags Lord of the Flies?

trey3216
Edmond Bear said:

trey3216 said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

vg1984 said:

We need Action USA 2.

Is this the old sketchy park in New Jersey that was basically run by teenagers? Like a Six Flags Lord of the Flies?

No. It was a terrible movie straight from the 80's that was C-level at very best, and filmed right in downtown Waco/Cameron Park. It's so awful it's awesome.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
SoonerFrogs
The Waco Percies or nothing!
BearVerdad
In a surprise move, Chip and Joanna buy something in Waco and call the team the Waco Silos.
Yogi
Robert Wilson said:

Yogi said:

Not sure how relevant that is. The surrounding market is the question, and Waco is the largest gravitational force in the area.

Temple-Killeen and B/S metros are larger than Waco's MSA now. Kilkeen is already the largest city between Dallas and Austin.

The dynamics of Central Texas are changing and 30-40 years from now, Waco will be less relevant to the area than it has been in the past.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Robert Wilson
Yogi said:

Robert Wilson said:

Yogi said:

Temple-Killeen and B/S metros are larger than Waco's MSA now. Kilkeen is already the largest city between Dallas and Austin.

The dynamics of Central Texas are changing and 30-40 years from now, Waco will be less relevant to the area than it has been in the past.
Yeah ... Temple and Killeen are very different places. As is Belton.

As a group, Bell County growth outpaces McLennan ... but Waco will continue to be the most major city between DFW and the greater Austin area for a long time. Maybe ever.

Austin sprawl will eventually creep up more into Bell County, but that won't change what I just said.
Grinnin bear
Yogi said:

Robert Wilson said:

Yogi said:

Because one (Temple-Killeen) has the largest military installation on the planet and the other (Bryan-College Station) has the largest university in the United States (yes, ATM now has 74k students, larger than UCF at 68k).

Tough to keep up with the institutional explosion of those behemoths.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.