Baylor Not Renewing Contract with Aramark

8,349 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Pecos 45
BUbearinARK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hear they do the impossible and bring in grade C steaks to Penland.
T-REX
hodedofome said:

FrankFallonCalling said:

One of the selling points about leaving Coke was that Pepsi could distribute Dr Pepper.
Who cares. Baylor is in Waco, the birthplace of Dr Pepper. Dr Pepper would be happy to be the distributor and supplier of drinks to the university. Obviously, the decision was made to pick the highest bidder. It's greedy and anyone can figure it out, and puts a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Baylor chose the money over making the right decision.
blame Dr Pepper for not allowing Gatorade to be used by athletics.

Also you can still get Dr Pepper at games. But yall should stop drinking soda all together and only drink water anyway
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Fat Daddy
Bear Doc said:

SteamedHams said:

Baylor Faculty and Staff:

Baylor University announced today that Chartwells Higher Education, a nationally recognized leader in food service management, has been selected as the University's new dining services partner, effective June 1, 2024.

The announcement follows approval by the Baylor Board of Regents through a special subcommittee established in November for the limited purpose of approving contracts that require execution before the Board's regular February 2024 meeting. The Board's approval was based upon a recommendation by the President's Council and a campus-wide services evaluation committee. Contract negotiations between Baylor and Chartwells Higher Education are underway.

"We look forward to welcoming Chartwells Higher Education to Baylor University as our dining services partner on June 1, 2024. They are well known as an innovative, exciting and sustainable provider on more than 300 campuses across the country," said Peter Granick, associate vice president of business services and chief procurement officer at Baylor. "I also want to thank Aramark for their decades-long partnership with Baylor and the dedicated employees who have faithfully served our community. We will continue to foster a positive relationship with Aramark, and we are working cooperatively to ensure minimal disruption to operations or employees."

Baylor University has for many years functioned in a combined multi-services relationship with Aramark for facilities, dining, custodial and other campus services. This single source approach has been under consideration for some time, and based on a range of feedback, the University recently issued requests for proposals to separate vendors for its next contract cycle, to allow for a more focused and customizable delivery of services.

Parameters in Baylor's dining services request for proposals required all potential vendors to outline how they would approach the retention of current Aramark employees, proposed work-hour structures and fair market compensation. The University has been pleased with the approach submitted by Chartwells and believes a transition next June will provide beneficial opportunities for dining employees. A Chartwells Higher Education team is connecting with current Aramark employees in a variety of ways regarding opportunities with Chartwells.

"Chartwells Higher Education is thrilled for the opportunity to partner with Baylor University, continuing to support the vision, mission and values of the institution through exceptional dining service," said Joe Fischioni, West Division President, Chartwells Higher Education. "As an organization that prides itself on creating rewarding opportunities for our great people, we are particularly excited to work alongside current dining employees to share how they might become integral members of the Chartwells team. We look forward to partnering with Baylor University next June, and working together to provide students, faculty and staff with an exceptional on-campus dining experience."

Granick also thanked the evaluation committee, comprised of staff and faculty from across the University, for its time and service during the extensive review and recommendation process.

Who doesn't want to Shart Well after eating at an on-campus dining facility?

EDIT: That is the woke-est looking food service provider website I have ever seen.,... on brand, Baylor.

You made me look….. and you are right!!!!
cowboycwr
So random question but what effect does this have on all the workers of Aramark in the campus cafeterias?

Many of them are local people so it is unlikely they will transfer to another Aramark facility. Do they have to reapply with the new company? Do they automatically get the job for the new company? To them it is much bigger than just a contract negotiation between Baylor and the provider company.
T-REX
cowboycwr said:

So random question but what effect does this have on all the workers of Aramark in the campus cafeterias?

Many of them are local people so it is unlikely they will transfer to another Aramark facility. Do they have to reapply with the new company? Do they automatically get the job for the new company? To them it is much bigger than just a contract negotiation between Baylor and the provider company.
looks like per the article that the new company is preparing to discuss with the affected workers and likely hire them on. They need the same workers so only makes sense.
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
cowboycwr
T-REX said:

cowboycwr said:

looks like per the article that the new company is preparing to discuss with the affected workers and likely hire them on. They need the same workers so only makes sense.
I saw that in the article about "connecting with current Aramark employees in a variety of ways" and was just curious if that meant interviews or something less formal like a talk about the job, new company, how to transfer retirement, etc.

It surely would be easier to just transition the current employees over that are willing to change companies as I am sure the pay is similar, benefits about the same, etc. then try to hire 100+ new people.

I know one guy that has worked there for 20 years (or more) and worked at every dining hall on campus.
BaylorHistory
cowboycwr said:

T-REX said:

cowboycwr said:

I saw that in the article about "connecting with current Aramark employees in a variety of ways" and was just curious if that meant interviews or something less formal...
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
WILLIS
Baylors landscaping looks awful (has for decades) compared to TCU, SMU, and many other Texas campuses so I hope they can upgrade big time there.
Redbrickbear
WILLIS said:

Baylors landscaping looks awful (has for decades) compared to TCU, SMU, and many other Texas campuses so I hope they can upgrade big time there.

We still look better than Aggy (lots of open grass fields and concrete parking lots) and u.t. (just ugly)

In fact u.t is one of the worst I have seen...no idea why since u.t. can literally afford anything at anytime....yet the campus landscaping looks rough.

TCU has a endowment just for campus beautification/landscaping so they have that going for them.

http://www.magarchive.tcu.edu/articles/2007-02-MS.asp?issueid=200702

Edmond Bear
WILLIS said:

Hunh, didn't see TCU on Architectural Digest's list of most beautiful campuses which includes ratings for landscaping. SMU is on the list but further down.

WILLIS
TCU is 1st by a country mile in regards to landscaping and beautification. Next time up for a game, walk around a bit. Yes they have an endowment specifically for that. We absolutely have a beautiful campus, great mature trees, etc. but the details can be lacking.
hodedofome
When we're asking for more landscaping, that tells me an organization is making too much money.
Edmond Bear
hodedofome said:

When we're asking for more landscaping, that tells me an organization is making too much money.

Eh, unless "experience" is a part of a sales/recruiting cycle.

hodedofome
We're paying a little too much money for an experience these days.
Edmond Bear
hodedofome said:

We're paying a little too much money for an experience these days.

Maybe, but that's a different argument.
Media Bear
TenBears said:

hodedofome said:

Can we also get rid of Pepsi junk on campus while we're at it.

This. I will go to my deathbed trying to understand why Pepsi even exists.

Less gassy form of Coke … Fizz dies out in about 30-40 min. Vs. about 2-3 hours for Coke (unless you jiggle it).
Hee-hee, hee. Hee-hee, hee. Woo! -- Michael Jackson
A buppa-ba-ba, buppa-buppa-ba. -- Paula Abdul
Say yah-yah-yah. -- John Mellencamp
Ooh-ooh wee-oo ooh-ooh-ooh. -- Mick Jagger/Rolling Stones
De do-do-do. De da-da-da. Is all I want to say to you. -- Sting (Gordon Sumner)/The Police
Ramidi ma-ma ba-di-ma, ramidi ma-ma ba-din-doe. -- David Draiman/Disturbed
C-c-c-c-come on. -- George Michael
People on streets, ee-da-dee-da-dee-da-dee-da -- Freddie Mercury
Localbear
Pepsi is also Frito Lay, Quaker and Gamesa. Maybe they added all that to the deal.

What I want to know is does Pepsi have a suite at McLane like they do at Cowboy Stadium?
BUgolfbear

You can still get a Dr. Pepper at the Foster, all that matters
Pecos 45
Stranger said:

TenBears said:

hodedofome said:

Can we also get rid of Pepsi junk on campus while we're at it.

This. I will go to my deathbed trying to understand why Pepsi even exists.

I haven't drank one since I was at Baylor in the sixties

Dr Pepper or nothing!!!
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.