Eating and Drinking with the Foster

8,904 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by trey3216
GeorgesBigO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trey3216 said:

T-REX said:

Wow interesting. Any inside info on why?
Because they were run terribly
I stopped in there to grab a beer as I was walking to my car at Heritage Square after the Cornell game and the bartender let me know that they had last call at 9pm... Should have known they were on the way out right then.
Bear Doc
trey3216 said:

T-REX said:

There is some truth to this, but more to the story...

Fuzzy's corporate was sold to the same parent company that owns IHOP and Applebees and they jacked up the franchise fees, making it impossible for the owners to make any money.
trey3216
Bear Doc said:

trey3216 said:

T-REX said:

Fuzzy's corporate was sold to the same parent company that owns IHOP and Applebees and they jacked up the franchise fees, making it impossible for the owners to make any money.
Yeah, that was definitely part of it. But they have been poorly run in Waco for years.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Bear Doc
trey3216 said:

Bear Doc said:

trey3216 said:

T-REX said:

Yeah, that was definitely part of it. But they have been poorly run in Waco for years.

I actually thought when the most recent owners bought it (same group as Brown House in Woodway), things got a bit better but they were plagued by being short staffed most of the time.
Edmond Bear
Bear Doc said:

trey3216 said:

Bear Doc said:

trey3216 said:

T-REX said:

I actually thought when the most recent owners bought it (same group as Brown House in Woodway), things got a bit better but they were plagued by being short staffed most of the time.

A gay bar called the Brown House, that is short staffed, will probably always have problems.
BUbearinARK
Edmond Bear said:

Bear Doc said:

trey3216 said:

Bear Doc said:

trey3216 said:

T-REX said:

A gay bar called the Brown House, that is short staffed, will probably always have problems.

Never packed.
OsoCoreyell
BUAlum97
Ate at the Indigo Hotel before the women's game on Monday. Had the crab cakes and were pretty good. We parked along the street and walked to Foster.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
Not really walking distance but we had pre-game brunch at Harvest on 25. It's out of range from the norm so no game traffic to speak of, we were the only ones with BU gear. If you've never been it's local farm to table style food featuring vegetarian and gf options.
605Bear
Thanks Biscuits for pointing out this thread. We have young kids so that limits some of our eating options. The owner of Billy Bob's is a teacher at my daughter's school so we try to make that our go-to, in part to support them. We've always had great food. I order the chicken Philly, which is excellent. I think it was about an 9-10 minute walk from there.
PartyBear
Around AT&T or whatever it's called now in Arlington, restaurants will charge for parking like 30 dollars for the event if you grab a meal there as well, and charge more if you don't or something like that. Maybe it was the opposite and you get a discount on your meal there. I don't exactly remember the details but Buzzard Billy's at one time was doing that for Baylor football games as well. Those restaurants down town should be doing that.
Big12Bear
I've done Buzzard Billy's a couple of times for football. You pay up front before you park, but then they back out the $40 or $50 on your tab inside. They just want you to spend some money inside, which is fair.

When the infrastructure is in place on the river side of the pavilion, they're supposed to be running a pontoon across for hoops fans.

LadyBear91
We stayed at the Indigo Hotel last weekend. I was worried about my mom's ability to walk to and from Foster, so I ended up getting a Pavilion parking pass to go to the MBB TCU game. If it was just me and my daughter, it would have been an easy walk. Not sure if they monitor the parking lot, but checkin definitely asked for our car license plates, makes, models. Food and bar are pretty good there.

Next Saturday I'm taking my dad, stepmom, and daughter to the WBB game vs. West Virginia. It's not that nearby, but we're planning to have dinner after the game at the 1928 Hotel Bertie's on the Rooftop. We haven't been to that restaurant, so looking forward to checking it out.
Funky Town Bear
Indigo is now controlling access to the lot entrances before mens games.
LadyBear91
Funky Town Bear said:

Indigo is now controlling access to the lot entrances before mens games.

Good to know! We left the lot early last Saturday, so I didn't see that.
beardoc
Cultura Mia has good food with a hole on the wall vibe.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
beardoc said:

Love that place!
RightRevBear
beardoc said:

I agree.
trey3216
605Bear said:

Thanks Biscuits for pointing out this thread. We have young kids so that limits some of our eating options. The owner of Billy Bob's is a teacher at my daughter's school so we try to make that our go-to, in part to support them. We've always had great food. I order the chicken Philly, which is excellent. I think it was about an 9-10 minute walk from there.
well, her husband owns it, but same deal and situation. lol
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.