Waco
Sponsored By

BEER

4,730 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Yogi
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Drove down to take my daughter to dinner tonight. We made it over to Southern Roots.

Had the Old Main and an Irish 11. Both were good and had a clean finish. The beer was good but not wildly remarkable. Looked like some interesting takes coming up in the future.

Had a jalapeo, bacon, cream cheese pizza that was really good.
trey3216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Edmond Bear said:


Drove down to take my daughter to dinner tonight. We made it over to Southern Roots.

Had the Old Main and an Irish 11. Both were good and had a clean finish. The beer was good but not wildly remarkable. Looked like some interesting takes coming up in the future.

Had a jalapeo, bacon, cream cheese pizza that was really good.



Kinda my thoughts as well. Good beer, but nothing spectacular. Will go back though.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Self Made Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did Southern Roots for pregame of the MBB, beer was decent, service was good, but that pizza is an embarrassment. Obviously pre-frozen crust that came apart when we picked the slice up from the pan, baked in a home-style toaster oven. Really?

May go there for a beer again sometime but I'm not paying $16 for a warmed up frozen pizza. Will do Slow Rise if I want pizza and beer before a game.
baylrballa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Finally got to southern roots before the game tonight. Cool place, could use some more TV's. the big tree logo is just awful, i get the idea, but it's just mostly a blob of ink.

Beer is on about the level of bare arms, which isn't bad but a step below brotherwell and a step and a half below Waco ale.
TXWayne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Self Made Bear said:

Did Southern Roots for pregame of the MBB, beer was decent, service was good, but that pizza is an embarrassment. Obviously pre-frozen crust that came apart when we picked the slice up from the pan, baked in a home-style toaster oven. Really?

May go there for a beer again sometime but I'm not paying $16 for a warmed up frozen pizza. Will do Slow Rise if I want pizza and beer before a game.
I go to Waco Ale for the beer and walk across to Portofino's for a pizza and bring it back, or have them run it over which they will do.
Boernebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TXWayne said:

Self Made Bear said:

Did Southern Roots for pregame of the MBB, beer was decent, service was good, but that pizza is an embarrassment. Obviously pre-frozen crust that came apart when we picked the slice up from the pan, baked in a home-style toaster oven. Really?

May go there for a beer again sometime but I'm not paying $16 for a warmed up frozen pizza. Will do Slow Rise if I want pizza and beer before a game.
I go to Waco Ale for the beer and walk across to Portofino's for a pizza and bring it back, or have them run it over which they will do.


Nice combo; Portofino's has great pizza and other Italian options as well.
Yogi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pivovar Czech Brewery is also currently under construction.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Page 2 of 2
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.