Waco
Sponsored By

BEER

1,944 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Pam Manhart
Pam Manhart
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I met a guy opening up Waco's third brewery. It will be called Waco Ale Co and should open the end of July. It is downtown on Austin Ave next to the candy shop.
I would love to hear from people who have been to Brotherwell or Bare Arms.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
I had Brotherwell at the Baylor Club with Colt and Grayson one day. At least I think it was. Thought it was good. Need to check that place out. Might be a cool place to host a S365 event.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Pam Manhart said:

I met a guy opening up Waco's third brewery. It will be called Waco Ale Co and should open the end of July. It is downtown on Austin Ave next to the candy shop.
Bare Arms is pretty good. Nothing they do is extraordinary but it's a solid brewery. Brotherwell's Wit is phenomenal and their Tripel is firmly above average. Everything else that I've had of their's is ok.
Pam Manhart
Texas' new beer to go laws should increase the revenue stream, investment and improvements for all 3
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Pam Manhart said:

Texas' new beer to go laws should increase the revenue stream, investment and improvements for all 3
Not really in Waco. Bare Arms already sold 6'ers to go. I think it was more of a city ordinance deal across the state. Waco already allowed it.
Crash Davis
Had a few Brotherwell Tripels at the Hippodrome on Thursday. Pretty delicious.
When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law.

-Frédéric Bastiat
BearCPA
Creekside from Bare Arms is my favorite craft beer. It's the closest craft beer I've found to match up with fine domestics such as Bud Light or exotics like Tecate Light. Good stuff.
Support Our Veterans @ paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/3360500
Banned BarleyMcDougal
BearCPA said:

Creekside from Bare Arms is my favorite craft beer. It's the closest craft beer I've found to match up with fine domestics such as Bud Light or exotics like Tecate Light. Good stuff.
That's messed up.
BaylorGuy314
BearCPA said:

fine domestics such as Bud Light
I see what you did there
Crash Davis
Had some Miller Lites at George's last night. Would highly recommend.
When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law.

-Frédéric Bastiat
RebelT
BarleyMcDougal said:

Pam Manhart said:

Not really in Waco. Bare Arms already sold 6'ers to go. I think it was more of a city ordinance deal across the state. Waco already allowed it.

False. Any brewery that sold their beer to go in Texas was breaking the law. There were different rules for brewpubs and other types of establishments, but breweries were not allowed to sell beer to go in any city in Texas.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
RebelT said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Pam Manhart said:

False. Any brewery that sold their beer to go in Texas was breaking the law. There were different rules for brewpubs and other types of establishments, but breweries were not allowed to sell beer to go in any city in Texas.
Hmm...I don't doubt the accuracy of this. I just remember that Bare Arms sold sixers before this law. Maybe because they had food trucks outside. I've also purchased beers from other breweries before this law.
trey3216
Pam Manhart said:

Brent is a friend of mine. He brews some pretty damn tasty suds. He has an RIS that's incredible, and his IPA's are also very good.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Useful Idiot
Hey Bears fans! My name is Brett Stewart, and I am the owner of Waco Ale Co. I'm a native Wacoan as well as a Midway and Baylor grad. We just opened our doors for limited weekly hours and are gearing up for a grand opening on August 24th. We are at 806 Austin Avenue. I would absolutely love for die hard Baylor fans like yourselves to pregame and postgame at our taproom. So far, our crowds have been outstanding, and we are about to announce our food menu. All sicem365 members will receive a free logo pint glass with your first regular priced pint purchase. Hope to see you in a couple weeks!
Cheers and sic 'em!

(Hey Ashley, my brother and I are the ones that brought the Balcones bottles to the Texas Bowl tailgate for the guys over at Barnett's.)
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Useful Idiot said:

Hey Bears fans! My name is Brett Stewart, and I am the owner of Waco Ale Co. I'm a native Wacoan as well as a Midway and Baylor grad. We just opened our doors for limited weekly hours and are gearing up for a grand opening on August 24th. We are at 806 Austin Avenue. I would absolutely love for die hard Baylor fans like yourselves to pregame and postgame at our taproom. So far, our crowds have been outstanding, and we are about to announce our food menu. All sicem365 members will receive a free logo pint glass with your first regular priced pint purchase. Hope to see you in a couple weeks!
Cheers and sic 'em!

(Hey Ashley, my brother and I are the ones that brought the Balcones bottles to the Texas Bowl tailgate for the guys over at Barnett's.)
awesome we need to connect for sure
trey3216
Brett,

My Crowley if Rye tasted pretty damn good today. I'll be back soon
Boernebear
I've been waiting for Waco Ale Company to open for awhile...that sign has been quite the tease. I live a block away when I'm in Waco for games or just fun, and I can't wait to give this a try!
Crash Davis
trey3216 said:

Brett,

Must be good. Trey no type good after lots beer.

-Frédéric Bastiat
trey3216
Crash Davis said:

trey3216 said:

Brett,

Must be good. Trey no type good after lots beer.

Damned autocorrect on iPhone will get you
Pam Manhart
Useful Idiot said:

Cheers and sic 'em!

Checked it out Friday night. Good crowd nice atmosphere cool facility and great beer. Flights were real affordable. I liked all 4 that I tried with 3 of them being very good. Looking forward to their menu
baylrballa
Waco Ale is a half-step above the other guys if they can remain consistent. Was really impressed with several of their lighter style beers which is difficult.
Pam Manhart
Visited Southern Roots Brewery this weekend. Good beer, live music and food. A big crowd turned out. I like the double garage doors which opened to the street and added to the atmosphere. The band was Oxford Comma which I hope to see again. Played a variety of music and had a few people dancing
http://instagr.am/p/B3gRMp0DQqNLlrqZ1raEnhn5AlU9nkvGbaF1iQ0
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.