MOD Pizza

2,713 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TechDawgMc
Pea Weevil
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Is it any good? I see there are in DFW with my closest location on Custer Rd @ El Dorado Pkwy. Are they worth the 10 minute drive from my house or would I be wasting my time/money?

Pea Weevil
whitetrash
Pea Weevil said:

Is it any good? I see there are in DFW with my closest location on Custer Rd @ El Dorado Pkwy. Are they worth the 10 minute drive from my house or would I be wasting my time/money?

Pea Weevil
Surprisingly good so far. Timing can be everything; you can walk in and be 2nd in line, and before you place your order 15-20 people can come in right behind you.

Don't try to get there via I-35 access road; come at it from either 11th St. or 9th & Cleveland.
PartyBear
Is this one of those Subway type pizza places or do you go in an order say like you do at Poppa Rollos, etc. or is it like Slo Rise in Woodway where you order a pizza or a slice of pizza at a register?
whitetrash
PartyBear said:

Is this one of those Subway type pizza places or do you go in an order say like you do at Poppa Rollos, etc. or is it like Slo Rise in Woodway where you order a pizza or a slice of pizza at a register?
I guess you'd say Subway-like. One price unlimited toppings, they put it in the oven at the end of the line.

900 degrees is similar, but with more of a Poppa Rollos cracker-like crust.
IASIP Rocks
It's super good. Big fan. And cool mission (hiring people that otherwise struggle to get hired, prison, bad resume, etc.) too.
4th and Inches
I enjoy eating at MOD I also liked pie 5 before they closed.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Yogi
Didn't realize Pie 5 closed.

MOD is great. They serve beer and their personal size is just right. And you can put ANYTHING on that pizza.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
BU99
I thought Pie 5 was terrible the one time I ate it. I think MOD is really good, the best of that genre. But it is relatively expensive for pizza, my family of four easily spends $40. But then again it's fast and everyone gets whatever they want and it's very good.
baylrballa
pie 5 in houston was awful and soured me on the fastfood pizza thing. heard better things about MOD, but haven't given it a shot.
SIC EM 94
I've had both, but I think 900 Degrees Pizza is much much better than MOD. Better quality ingredients and overall setup.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Pie5 up here is pretty tasty.
RebelT
Am I wrong that many of the MOD locations in Texas are owned by a Baylor grad? Or am I confusing it with something else?
I still don't know why KenPom likes our offense. - croyse
bularry
don't get the appeal, personally
TechDawgMc
I really liked Pie 5 the first could of times II tried it (Georgetown). I haven't liked it the last two times. I was either lucky the first time or they've already declined. Seemed like they were cutting corners.

I've liked Mod. It's a little better crust than the crackery kind. A couple of the vegetables aren't fresh, but most of the ingredients are pretty decent. I can enjoy Mod but I do think it's a tad more expensive than it should be.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.