Beverly Hills, TX

7,308 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HunterBear
Bobby Ray
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What Cemetery was located on the lower left side of the first map? If I am looking at it correctly, it was located about where the Kendrick school is now. Just curious

edit: Looks like it must be Oakwood Cemetery at 7th and Gurley. I didn't see the match line earlier......
HunterBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Redbrickbear said:

I have always been surprised that Beverly Hills is not "nicer" looking. Usually when a small incorporated city is located surrounded by a big one.....The smaller entity tends to end up looking like a really nice neighborhood of the bigger City.

But Beverly hills just seems kind of "run down" even compared to other areas of Waco proper.

That always confused me.

I would have thought Beverly Hills would have become the nice place for people to move in Waco.

"The median income for a household in the city of Beverly Hills was $29,896 in 2017."

It does not have its own school.

And it has been losing population since 1990.

Down from almost 3,000 people in 1990 to barely 2,000 in the year 2019.
It is unfortunate that Beverly Hills is in a downward spiral. My family moved there into a new brick house in 1958. If you think of a quadrant of Franklin Ave to MLK (downtown) to I-35 to Hwy. 6 to Franklin, the part of Beverly Hills I grew up in was probably the nicest part of that area (nice being a relative term) with pretty much the only section of brick houses. When I was a kid, I thought i was in a pretty decent neighborhood. That whole area of Waco and Beverly Hills is and has been a depressed area for quite a while. There's just no new business looking to invest in BH.

I do find it interesting that the I-35 & Hwy 6 area has exploded over the last decade. Who knows....maybe in 20-40 years there will be a revitalization of the area between Baylor and 35/6 that will extend into BH. The whole length of 35 in that area is in the process now.

After my parents passed away my connections to Beverly Hills have almost vanished. The elementary school I went to in BH is closed. My junior high was torn down (HEB now). My high school was torn down and relocated down I-35. Baylor Stadium/Floyd Casey is gone. The church I grew up in is still going but has been shrinking over the years due to changing demographics.

I would love to see that place turn into a really nice area, but it won't happen in the very near future.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.