Brain-eating amoeba in the Brazos River

3,251 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by hodedofome
Lund Vernquist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very sad. I hope the young girl makes it. The prognosis doesn't sound good - - 97% fatality rate.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/14/us/texas-brain-eating-amoeba-girl-trnd/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
baylor88bear
Man that is just brutal
MrGolfguy
Guess they need to cancel the Waco Triathalon
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
BylrFan
she has died, rip
Gold Tron
Happens every year in Texas lakes and rivers. Only when the temperature is hot. Very sad and hard to treat because by the time you realize there is a problem, it is too late.
cowboycwr
Sad.

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Central-Texas-girl-fights-for-life-after-contracting-brain-eating-amoeba-560176551.html
william
would be cool to jump using a lit detonation bungee cord measured out to the nearest half foot (can't be too loco), to snatch japanese puffer fish sushi from a tray floating on said amoeba infested waters - hopefully making it back to the bridge just in time......

maybe add in some sniper fire (perhaps w a mannlicher carcano, peut etre) from the lake huaco bluffs for added excitement!

- KKM

{ cue Mission Impossible musik }

D!
Fetterman2024
TrapIt4Life
william said:

would be cool to jump using a lit detonation bungee cord measured out to the nearest half foot (can't be too loco), to snatch japanese puffer fish sushi from a tray floating on said amoeba infested waters - hopefully making it back to the bridge just in time......

maybe add in some sniper fire (perhaps w a mannlicher carcano, peut etre) from the lake huaco bluffs for added excitement!

- KKM

D!

Uh. What?

Also, so sad, can't imagine what that poor family is going through.
Willie
TrapIt4Life said:

william said:

- KKM

D!

Uh. What?

Coco (aka William) ??

{ Wondering if I'm right...? }

{ Sipping beer, eating peanuts }

Dia del DougO
If they can get Brazos brain-eating amoeba isolated in the college station area it will eventually starve itself to death.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
IASIP Rocks
Dia del DougO said:

If they can get Brazos brain-eating amoeba isolated in the college station area it will eventually starve itself to death.

Very underrated post
BUbackerinET
Nomination for post of the year - epic!
hodedofome
Took me a few tries till I got it. I guess I'm slow. Good one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.