The BRIC, Startup Waco, and Baylor's 1846 Business Incubator

2,426 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Edmond Bear
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How are these working out? It looks like there is some legit money and effort behind finding the next great business in Waco.

Anyone have any experience with The BRIC, Startup Waco, or Baylor's incubator?
GoodNewsBears
BRIC still half empty.
Lots of my professors do research there
CorsicanaBear
One company in the BRIC is Viziv Technology, LLC. They are trying to figure out how to transmit electrical power using something called the Zenneck Surface Wave. Their CTO is Randall Jean, an engineering professor at BU. They have a test facility near ****ord, TX which is visible from I-35 East.

Comparisons to Teslas electrical transmission tower at Wardenclyffe are inevitable.

Illigitimus non carborundum
CorsicanaBear
Why can I not write the name of a nearby town? M - i - l - f - o - r - d. I get what the first four letters alone could stand for but that's silly.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Edmond Bear
trey3216
Filmord will have to do I suppose.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
whitetrash
CorsicanaBear said:

Why can I not write the name of a nearby town? M - i - l - f - o - r - d. I get what the first four letters alone could stand for but that's silly.
Town motto: "Home of 700 friendly people and 3 or 4 old grouches"
The Barbearian
The BRIC is split between Baylor, MCC, and TSTC from what i heard on a tour last year. Supposedly the Baylor part of the BRIC is relatively full. The MCC and TSTC parts are the mostly empty parts. Baylor is trying to buy portions of the rest of the building off of MCC and TSTC, but hasn't gotten the price as low as they want it to be to move forward.
Edmond Bear
Baylor has it's own business incubator out of the Entrepreneurship program. I wonder who provides the funds for these startups?

From their website:
The 1846 Business Incubator will select approximately 5 early-stage ventures with promising solutions to market needs during the 2018-19 academic year.

Students begin with an organizational assessment, which includes a feasibility analysismarket, competition, industryas well as an initial financial, operational, and programmatic review.

Venture Founders participate in the prescribed entrepreneurship education modules and complete requirements by the assigned deadlines.

We work with the selected ventures for up to a 3-semester engagement to test and implement his/her promising new approach to solving a problem.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.