Freight Yard Bar - Behind Viteks

3,427 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Big12Bear
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Waco-New-bar-opens-near-BU-campus-563518291.html

I saw it during Homecoming. Anyone been? Looks like a cool concept when the weather is right.

It was across from the Raider Rash Free Vaccines house.
Redbrickbear
Edmond Bear said:

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Waco-New-bar-opens-near-BU-campus-563518291.html

I saw it during Homecoming. Anyone been? Looks like a cool concept when the weather is right.

It was across from the Raider Rash Free Vaccines house.

Have not seen it.

But any new business in Waco is a good thing in my opinion.
BrazosBear
I went for an event last week. Was very cool. Along the lines of Katy Trail Ice House in Dallas and Kirby Ice House in Houston. Seems like it would be a great place to go watch a game.
TXWayne
My grad school son lives just across the intersection from it and have been watching with interest while it has been constructed and look forward to visiting. Unfortunately (fortunately) there are now too many favorite drinking places for me to hit them all on my trips down for the games.
deppsrightsteps
A friend of mine works for Freight, it's an awesome spot to relax and enjoy a beer and enjoy with your friends. Dog friendly too!
GoodNewsBears
Has the reputation around campus for being really pricey
HoustonBear15
GoodNewsBears said:

Has the reputation around campus for being really pricey
They have a huge signature drink menu on the side of the building with all drinks priced at $8. I think people get distracted by that and don't realize that you can just order wells drinks that are $4 which is pretty normal price.
Booray
Know some of the owners, really cool people. Dog friendly Is really needed in Waco. Hope they make it work.
Big12Bear
Checked this place out around Noon on gameday and had a good time. I would have killed to have something like this so close to campus when I was in school.

Tons of elbow room, lots of games, including a hoops game that was a connect four. No food menu yet, but they had a couple of food trucks on site. I think they're still figuring it out, but could see them doing some live music in the spring and summer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.