Fireworks display after the WV game

1,921 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Alf
BearlyNose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The choreographed fireworks display after the WV game was awesome, and certainly worth staying for. Anyone who missed the presentation missed one of the better shows of the evening. Other thoughts?
beardoc
Agreed. The design of the stadium makes things like this possible that never would have happened at Floyd Casey.
jbbear
Would have better with lights dimmed or some turned off. Also new light display like Alabama would be cool.
Boernebear
Loved it; thought it was absolutely amazing! Would like to see a mini version of that after wins.
UPBaylor
jbbear said:

Would have better with lights dimmed or some turned off. Also new light display like Alabama would be cool.
Alabama's new lights suck IMO. They are WAY too blue. As in, I thought there was something wrong and perhaps they had to install temporary lighting while they were getting good lights. But, nope, they paid for that blue light. And, the flashy-flashy on/off stuff seems like cheap WWF schtick. I would be pissed if I was a donor for the lights and that's what we ended up with.
beardoc
Must have got a good deal on them from all the closing Kmarts.
jbbear
UPBaylor said:

jbbear said:

Alabama's new lights suck IMO. They are WAY too blue. As in, I thought there was something wrong and perhaps they had to install temporary lighting while they were getting good lights. But, nope, they paid for that blue light. And, the flashy-flashy on/off stuff seems like cheap WWF schtick. I would be pissed if I was a donor for the lights and that's what we ended up with.
I didn't say it had to be the exact same setup as Bama. Just something to create some different lighting effects.
UPBaylor
jbbear said:

UPBaylor said:

jbbear said:

I didn't say it had to be the exact same setup as Bama. Just something to create some different lighting effects.
Fair enough, and I'll agree with you completely on that. The concept of being about to manipulate the intensity quickly could add a lot with things like introductions and presentations, etc. They could be dimmed to half power or so during timeouts and such which creates a nice effect when they get turned back up coming out of time outs. So, I like those possibilities. I would just want a lot less blue built into them and keep the strobe like stuff for non-football activities.
Alf
DesertSoul said:

The choreographed fireworks display after the WV game was awesome, and certainly worth staying for. Anyone who missed the presentation missed one of the better shows of the evening. Other thoughts?

Saw it while waiting in line for the bus. Actually looked pretty great from outside the stadium.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.