Southern Roots

2,000 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by redfish961
Ashley Hodge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
We had a group of 10 or so meet at Southern Roots Friday night before the Texas game. Pretty cool place- live music; craft beer and pizza. Pizza was okay... they run it through a sandwich toaster. Pizza's usually better in a brick oven. Beer was good. Music and vibe were cool.

Downtown Waco has a lot of energy. I was impressed at how many people were walking the streets at 7pm.

On a separate note, when are they going to condemn the Oak Lodge Motor Inn next to Balcones/Milo? That place looks sketchy lol.

Ashley Hodge
Staff
couple of short videos I took to give you a feel for the vibe

Jackson Bear
Ashley Hodge said:

On a separate note, when are they going to condemn the Oak Lodge Motor Inn next to Balcones/Milo? That place looks sketchy lol.

Not soon enough. Many residents are frequent visitors to the DePaul psychiatric center in Waco. It is an urban dumpster fire in a toxic waste dump.
Moondoggie
I remember in the early eighties where they found a local businessman in the trunk of a car at the oak lodge. It was scary then and nothing has changed. Wish Waco could do something about it.
Edmond Bear

Took my Baylor daughter a couple of weeks ago. Pizza was good - had the jalapeno, cream cheese, and bacon. Great combo.

Environment was cool with the vats visible to the space. Would love to take a quick tour someday.

I had the Old Main and Irish Red. Both were clean with no aftertaste but not remarkable. Just not alot of character. Would love to see more vanilla stouts or bourbon porters. But, that's just me. I could be an outlier and they know their market better than I do.

jbbear
Ashley Hodge said:

We had a group of 10 or so meet at Southern Roots Friday night before the Texas game. Pretty cool place- live music; craft beer and pizza. Pizza was okay... they run it through a sandwich toaster. Pizza's usually better in a brick oven. Beer was good. Music and vibe were cool.

Downtown Waco has a lot of energy. I was impressed at how many people were walking the streets at 7pm.

When there are no more hookers or drugs in Waco...........
redfish961
jbbear said:

Ashley Hodge said:

When there are no more hookers or drugs in Waco...........
It adds character and keeps you on your toes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.