United Airlines - Waco (ACT) to Houston (IAH)

3,702 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Yogi
WILLIS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is United Airlines flying to Waco? I had not seen this but saw this flight listed and it appears there are regular United flights in and out of IAH from ACT. That is fantastic news for Waco travelers and out of town tourists to have another option if that is true. I don't see an option to book online through United though which is why I'm wondering what is going on. Does anyone know more about this?

Weston Rogers
Baylor tends to charter United flights and they do fly out of Waco, my guess is these are the flights you're seeing coming to Waco from Houston. As for commercial airliners it's still just American Eagle to DFW.
redfish961
WILLIS said:

Is United Airlines flying to Waco? I had not seen this but saw this flight listed and it appears there are regular United flights in and out of IAH from ACT. That is fantastic news for Waco travelers and out of town tourists to have another option if that is true. I don't see an option to book online through United though which is why I'm wondering what is going on. Does anyone know more about this?

They used to, but as far as I know, it's only American now to DFW just like Weston said.
WILLIS
Flight history sure shows a lot of United flights out of Houston to Waco.. Be nice if something 2-3x daily ever took off. One can hope.
whitetrash
Probably the charter plane the women are using to fly to Lawrence for tomorrow's game.
BU79
Weston Rogers said:

Baylor tends to charter United flights and they do fly out of Waco, my guess is these are the flights you're seeing coming to Waco from Houston. As for commercial airliners it's still just American Eagle to DFW.
Yes
The football team used United charter flights all season
ABC BEAR
Waco needs a direct Allegiant flight to Las Vegas. It would sure help me out.
warbird
I flew Waco to Houston several times 2011-2012 as a student, but don't see anything on the United website.
Yogi
WILLIS said:

Flight history sure shows a lot of United flights out of Houston to Waco.. Be nice if something 2-3x daily ever took off. One can hope.
Baylor Athletics charters United.

Would love to have United back in the Waco market.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Old300Bear
Been saying for a while that Waco should use some of that TIF money they throw around to buy service Houston and expand service to DFW.
Fred Barber
Self Made Bear
Back in the day, Continental used to have regular flights to Houston. They used prop planes and some of the flights would "tickle your tummy." It's been several years, can't remember how long.
CammoTX
I used to take a Continental plane from Ellington Field to IAH. 7 minute flight
Yogi
Old300Bear said:

Been saying for a while that Waco should use some of that TIF money they throw around to buy service Houston and expand service to DFW.

That's not how the free market works.

Better for Waco to use tax money for development in those TIF areas than to blow it on a bunch of empty airplanes to Houston out of China Spring.
Old300Bear
Well it worked for Amarillo. They paid American Airlines to keep big planes back when American went to Eagle service. Jump started their economy.
Fred Barber
BUwolverine2012
Old300Bear said:

Well it worked for Amarillo. They paid American Airlines to keep big planes back when American went to Eagle service. Jump started their economy.

ive never once flown on a big american plane to amarillo and i fly there all the time
Be present in all things and thankful for all things.
beardoc
BUwolverine2012 said:

Old300Bear said:

ive never once flown on a big american plane to amarillo and i fly there all the time
jets as opposed to turboprops.
Volunteer
I have always thought that Waco, Temple, and Killeen should have gone together and built a Central Texas Regional Airport somewhere just north (or maybe east) of Temple. With a population of around 500,000 it should be able to support direct flights to the primary hubs around the country (Chicago, DFW, Atlanta, and etc...). Northwest Arkansas Regional seems to have done it. But, as I have heard, these three cities don't seem too inclined to work together.
Yogi
Volunteer said:

I have always thought that Waco, Temple, and Killeen should have gone together and built a Central Texas Regional Airport somewhere just north (or maybe east) of Temple. With a population of around 500,000 it should be able to support direct flights to the primary hubs around the country (Chicago, DFW, Atlanta, and etc...). Northwest Arkansas Regional seems to have done it. But, as I have heard, these three cities don't seem too inclined to work together.

that's is absolutely what should have happened.

The Centroplex has about 750,000 people in all. That's Waco, Temple, Belton, Harksr Heights, Killeen and Copperas Cove.

Yet this urban triangle has struggled to market itself collectively.

And Killeen ruined any talks when it began plans for Killeen Regional.

It would have been better for all parties involved, including the State and the Nation to have a larger regional passenger-cargo hub along 35 between Dallas and Austin.
UBBY
Yogi said:

Volunteer said:

The Centroplex has about 750,000 people in all. That's Waco, Temple, Belton, Harksr Heights, Killeen and Copperas Cove.

It would have been better for all parties involved, including the State and the Nation to have a larger regional passenger-cargo hub along 35 between Dallas and Austin.
Yeah it also could've gotten an even larger use if the Bryan/College Station area used it too.

Maybe someday if those populations keep growing it could happen. Killeen/Temple/Waco would have to work together to make it happen.
Robert Wilson
Yogi said:

Volunteer said:

Yep. Real shame it didn't happen that way.
Yogi
FWIW, much of my North Austin/ Williamson County clientele tell me that they would rather use an airport facility to the north rather than Austin-Bergstrom if it had appropriate service. I would think such a facility would accommodate American, United and Southwest.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.