Had My First Impossible Burger at Burger King in Waco

2,993 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CorsicanaBear
hodedofome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm blown away. I literally cannot see, smell or taste the difference between the impossible (plant based) burger and a whopper.

Now it's still Burger King, so we're not talking whataburger or Fuddruckers or anything like that, but still. I cannot believe that a plant based burger can be indistinguishable to a real meat burger. Impossible Foods is definitely living up to it's name.

Now the beyond meat burger at Carl's Jr...I couldn't finish that one.
PartyBear
I don't generally eat fast food often. But I'm thinking of trying that impossible whopper.
Self Made Bear
I decided that I'm going to eat less red meat this year including cutting out hamburgers. Maybe the Impossible Burger will help me make it
CorsicanaBear
The meat isn't what's bad about a burger. Protein is good. Its all the carbs in the bun, calories in the dressing etc.
Illigitimus non carborundum
MrGolfguy
hodedofome said:

I'm blown away. I literally cannot see, smell or taste the difference between the impossible (plant based) burger and a whopper.
My experience was far different; i found the Impossible Whopper to be nowhere near a real Whopper, basically inedible. I ate about half of it before giving up and throwing the rest out. My daughter liked it however, so there's that.
4th and Inches
Impossible burger... you mean burger king made a burger that actually tastes good?

The cheesecake factory vegetarian burger is a solid choice and so is the black bean burger from the 54th St., Grill up in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Yogi
You know what else tastes like meat?

Meat.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Plumb-line
Try the impossible burger at captain billy's in waco if you want a good one.
Edmond Bear

You should never go near Cheesecake Factory if you want to live past 60.

Their "healthy" veggie burger has half a day's calories, a day of carbs, a day of sugar, and two days of sodium.
BaylorGuy314
Edmond Bear said:

Their "healthy" veggie burger has half a day's calories, a day of carbs, a day of sugar, and two days of sodium.

you just described everything on their menu.
southtexasbear
The impossible burger at Hopdoddy tasted like real meat. My daughter didn't believe them and was positive they made a mistake lol
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Edmond Bear said:

lol
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Osodecentx
hodedofome said:

Now it's still Burger King, so we're not talking whataburger or Fuddruckers or anything like that, but still. I cannot believe that a plant based burger can be indistinguishable to a real meat burger. Impossible Foods is definitely living up to it's name.

Now the beyond meat burger at Carl's Jr...I couldn't finish that one.
Isn't the "meat" highly processed?
Robert Wilson
Meat has to be a lot healthier than some processed chemical fake veggie byproduct bomb.

Eating more meat and less crap seems like a better approach.
Osodecentx
Robert Wilson said:

Meat has to be a lot healthier than some processed chemical fake veggie byproduct bomb.

I'll eat a burger in your honor tonight
hodedofome
I don't know what's healthier, but I do know I'm pretty shocked that I couldn't tell the difference between meat and a plant.
BUwolverine2012
eat a damn salad
Be present in all things and thankful for all things.
Robert Wilson
Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

In honor of this thread, I've had two double cheeseburgers, a pound of brisket, and a large beef rib in the last two days. Still a dinner to contemplate...
Osodecentx
Robert Wilson said:

Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

In honor of this thread, I've had two double cheeseburgers, a pound of brisket, and a large beef rib in the last two days. Still a dinner to contemplate...
Living high
Brickhouse
In this day and age I have no idea what motivates someone to eat at Burger King
Osodecentx
Brickhouse said:

I like the Whopper more than the Whatta.

I think it is the flame grilled patty vs the stove top fried.

I am in the minority in my own house
hodedofome
Brickhouse said:

I don't care for Burger King, but I was interested in seeing how close Impossible Foods could get to real meat.

Beyond Meat stock doing well for me lately.
CorsicanaBear
What's coming is even more interesting than veggie burgers; its real meat lab grown from animal cells.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/01/22/npr-ready-for-meat-grown-from-animal-cells-a-startup-plans-a-pilot-plant
Illigitimus non carborundum
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.