Top Tier Gas?

1,931 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ABC BEAR
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where can I find top tier gas in Waco? Preferably closest to campus. Everything I've seen has ethanol and is lower tier.
Yogi
La Familia right off La Salle will give you plenty.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
PLSQL_BEAR
You can try this site Pure Gas
Edmond Bear
PLSQL_BEAR said:

You can try this site Pure Gas

Thanks for link. Looks like Murphy USA at Wal-Mart is the closest.

BaylorGuy314
Those 3 are not the only ones in Waco but I'm struggling to remember the others off the top of my head. I think there is one on Hwy 6 heading towards the lake that does the non-ethanol. (Boats regularly fill up there.) I also feel like there is one on 35 south - maybe in the vicinity of New Road? The truck stop there maybe? Or maybe I'm thinking the Pilot closer to Hewitt?

I'll make a note to look and will update. But the WalMart on New Road is probably the closest to campus.

IASIP Rocks
El Charro would be a close second. Almost didn't make it back to 11th Street after a dinner there one night.
Sampi82
Do you mean Top Tier licensed retail brands?Top Tier gas can include ethanol and even though a Top Tier licensed retail brand dealer doesn't have the Top Tier decal on their dispensers doesn't mean the fuel there is not Top Tier.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Tier_Detergent_Gasoline#Characteristics_of_Top_Tier_gasoline

Or are you wanting non-ethanol gas?

Sites selling non-ethanol gas will usually have an above ground tank and a separate dispenser just for that especially when it is in short supply.
Edmond Bear

Definitely prefer top tier to avoid deposit build up. Haven't run across a brand that would sell gas with an advantage and not market/identify it. For example, Exxon has top tier gas but not the station next to campus. I've asked.

Ethanol not as big a deal just don't prefer it. Not sure what you are referring to with above ground storage. Where I live most stations sell non-ethanol and nobody has above ground tanks.
Sampi82
Edmond Bear said:

Definitely prefer top tier to avoid deposit build up. Haven't run across a brand that would sell gas with an advantage and not market/identify it. For example, Exxon has top tier gas but not the station next to campus. I've asked.

Ethanol not as big a deal just don't prefer it. Not sure what you are referring to with above ground storage. Where I live most stations sell non-ethanol and nobody has above ground tanks.

I'm in the gasoline business. The majority of branded retail outlets are owned/operated by independent dealers. Although a top tier licensed brand or retail outlet may require a top tier decal on the dispensers, they are small and can come off and may not be immediately replaced.

With Exxon being licensed top tier, an Exxon branded site does not have the option to have their fuel orders not being top tier. Whoever told you that at the Exxon site next to campus is wrong. That would mean all Exxon sites in and around Waco are not top tier either.

It is expensive to install another below ground tank just for non-ethanol gas, unless those sites are newer, or had a spare unused tank if older now being used for non-ethanol, or all fuel sold there is non-ethanol which I haven't run across yet in the branded fuel business.
ABC BEAR
Good job of re-directing the topic back to its original question after two hijack attempts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.