Best Legit Hole in the Wall Mexican Restaurant?

1,733 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by IASIP Rocks
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All of the gas from El Charro talk has me wonderin' what the actual best local place is. Not talking Hecho or it's lesser aunt Ninfa's. But, what is the best hole in the wall Mexican and why?

Old300Bear
Mi Casita on Hewitt drive. Just like the food, clean, not expensive.
Fred Barber
BaylorHistory
Edmond Bear said:

All of the gas from El Charro talk has me wonderin' what the actual best local place is. Not talking Hecho or it's lesser aunt Ninfa's. But, what is the best hole in the wall Mexican and why?

Valles on Valley Mills Dr (barbacoa mini tacos with green sauce they keep in the back)

El Crucero on 77 (breakfast)

El Norteno truck at 18th and Dutton (whole chicken with sides and great green sauce, not sure if owner speaks any english)

Jimenez on Dutton (largest and best panaderia in town and there are some younger employees that speak english I believe but you just grab a tray and add bread then pay)

Rufi's Cocina on 25th (good menu and they have a lot options on the spiciness of their sauce)

CammoTX
On The Border! Super authentic!
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Jimenez is great. Not health food but I could go there everyday for a week.

Leal's at the old Dairy Twist building in Woodway.

I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
IASIP Rocks
Leal's in Woodway is my personal favorite. His bacon, egg and cheese burritos are great, and he has a three street taco plate that's great too. His chili topper (just a burrito topped with a carne asada) is a local staple. Plus Cesar is just a heck of a guy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.