The River Square Center is going to auction this week.

4,129 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BCL79
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is the center that houses Ninfa's, Spice etc. Currently owned by a Miami company. This doesnt sound real good although I suspect everything will remain fine. The starting bid is 2.2 million. Which seems really low for a building its size and housing all it houses currently and its location.
Redbrickbear
If its a Miami based company they just might be restructuring their finances and looking for cash now for more Florida or East Coast based investments.

So them selling the property might not be any indication of the health of the said property.
BellCountyBear
That does sound like a bargain.
baylrballa
new sicem365 studio?
Yogi
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
hodedofome
Surely one of our wealthy Waco residents would love to take this one. It's a good location that's not going away in our lifetimes.
WacoKelly83
hodedofome said:

Surely one of our wealthy Waco residents would love to take this one. It's a good location that's not going away in our lifetimes.

Chip and Joanna
Wwbear
hodedofome said:

Most of the Waco heavy hitters are cut from the same cloth, distressed assets. This deal might be rich by the time bidding is over.
BaylorGuy314
I'm sure that is just the minimum amount the lender would take. It's worth much more than that and will sell for more.
southtexasbear
So does anyone know what it went for?
3rd String Kicker
Per the Trib: "Ten-X Commercial Real Estate is sponsoring an online auction March 9 through 11."
hodedofome
Wwbear said:

hodedofome said:

Most of the Waco heavy hitters are cut from the same cloth, distressed assets. This deal might be rich by the time bidding is over.

Waco was a distressed asset for decades after the tornado. Chip and Jo have made it a hot stock. Time to switch from value investing to growth/momentum/trend following.
BearGC
Was talking to the listing broker today. He expects it to go in the $6-$7M range
BCL79
The guy I tried to sell it to thought too much empty space. So, afraid of the insanity of a bidding situation. I like the building ... but I dont have $6m+
Edmond Bear

What did it end up selling for?
Boernebear
Edmond Bear said:

What did it end up selling for?

Approximately $6.8M including fees.
Edmond Bear

Thanks.
airforcebear
Sounds like Sicem 365 should get in it...great super tailgate, radio station..gym...brewpub.....
Edmond Bear

That's genius level thinking. Here I was thinking Rhule's old $10m house should be Sicem365 Ranch. $6.8m is bargain compared to my idea.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
airforcebear said:

Sounds like Sicem 365 should get in it...great super tailgate, radio station..gym...brewpub.....
If they want to cut a deal on a 1000-1500 sq/ft, we'll talk.
Edmond Bear
Brian Ethridge said:

airforcebear said:

They might if you did "remotes" from the shops in the square and talked about them.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Edmond Bear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

airforcebear said:

They might if you did "remotes" from the shops in the square and talked about them.

Maybe
BCL79
Brian Ethridge said:

airforcebear said:

They've got plenty of empty space.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.