Economic Slowdown and New Construction

3,653 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bexar Pitts
Yogi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does this cause delays or do the major projects, i.e., Top Golf, Cinemark,and other projects that have either been permitted or are right at construction?

What about the Hurd Welcome Center and the Basketball Pavilion?

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
BaylorGuy314
I would assume this will slow down a lot of things.
Boernebear
Yes. Everything.
bularry
Yogi said:

Does this cause delays or do the major projects, i.e., Top Golf, Cinemark,and other projects that have either been permitted or are right at construction?

What about the Hurd Welcome Center and the Basketball Pavilion?

consumer targeted projects will definitely slow.
Wwbear

Most commercial loans are dependent on securing the permits and other soft costs before the loans close. If the loans haven't closed my guess is those projects are on hold indefinitely. .
Old300Bear
Interest rates are going to be low
Fred Barber
Old300Bear
Double post - sorry
Fred Barber
PartyBear
It's like another tornado blew it all away again.
Kyle
Slow down? We're about the enter a second Great Depression.
PartyBear
I'm concerned you may be right.
bularry
PartyBear said:

Not outside the realm of possibility. But I think we'll bounce back much more quickly than that.
BaylorGuy314
bularry said:

PartyBear said:

Not outside the realm of possibility. But I think we'll bounce back much more quickly than that.

Agreed.
Kyle
BaylorGuy314 said:

bularry said:

PartyBear said:

Agreed.
Or we'll never have sports again. It is not like this is the first virus pandemic. We have set the precedent that anytime there is a virus with a 0.5% mortality rate we must shutter the world.
bularry
Kyle said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

bularry said:

PartyBear said:

Agreed.
Or we'll never have sports again. It is not like this is the first virus pandemic. We have set the precedent that anytime there is a virus with a 0.5% mortality rate we must shutter the world.

I'm sure you are right, we'll never have sports again
BUwolverine2012
Old300Bear said:

Interest rates are going to be low

not initially. lending rates for commercial businesses are actually on the rise
Be present in all things and thankful for all things.
alphaneedle
I35 through Waco will go from 4 years to 6 years now
4th and Inches
alphaneedle said:

the current phase was set to complete in 2024 and they are still actively working on it. They might still be on track
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Bexar Pitts
I think alphaneedle may well be accurate. Aren't state budgets based on projected revenues?..I think the two biggest State revenue sources are sales/consumption taxes and oil and gas severance taxes...These are undoubtedly taking a hit near term..Guess it all depends on length of crisis...Still, I think project completion dates will most likely have to be moved out a bit...Hope I'm wrong...
Bear Doc
alphaneedle said:

The city leaders are still optimistic:

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/local/covid--or-no-widening-of-interstate-continues-through-waco/article_8b5e30bd-5c1a-5008-809f-31938d4442d4.html
Old300Bear
With very little traffic on the road, it seems to me like construction should speed up some.
Fred Barber
Bexar Pitts
"The city leaders are still optimistic." City leaders are somehow perpetually optimistic on projects such as this..Until they aren't...They've got some big drainage issues with the new construction that the state keeps throwing in their court. I believe there were some studies that showed major flooding problems around 12th street were possibly going to crop up after periods of heavy rain...which Waco does experience ever so often..Bit of a dust up was occurring several months ago..not sure what has resulted from ensuing discussions...Construction track record on !-35 around Salado and Temple , in my opinion, has been less than stellar as far as affecting residents and businesses along the Highway.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.