City of waco summer camps canceled

2,094 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by lrwells50
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All rec center and zoo camps and summer sports sponsored by city of waco have been canceled
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Flaming Moderate
Genius. Another instance of "the least of these" being ignored in all this.
Robert Wilson
This was a terrible move. Many of those kids really need those camps, and their parents need them to be in those camps. The case count in McLennan County is now nil, the hospitals are empty, and non-contact sports activities outside are extremely safe.
CorsicanaBear
Likely nothing to do with infections. Sales Tax/Motel Hotel Tax etc way down. This cut seems budgetary. There will be more cuts coming. At least I hope so, else there will be large tax increases.

Besides, why am I being taxed for other people's children to go to camp? But that's a question for another day.
Illigitimus non carborundum
4th and Inches
CorsicanaBear said:

Likely nothing to do with infections. Sales Tax/Motel Hotel Tax etc way down. This cut seems budgetary. There will be more cuts coming. At least I hope so, else there will be large tax increases.

Besides, why am I being taxed for other people's children to go to camp? But that's a question for another day.

The summer zoo camps aren't free and they canceled those, I doubt they are a budgetary concern

MCC canceled their summer camp classes too
trey3216
Why am I taxed for Social Security that I'll never get?
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Coke Bear
For parents of Waco-area kids (Summer of '21) that have track and field ambitions for junior or senior high school, please strongly consider the City of Waco Summer Track and Field program. This is best $60 that you can spend on your kids.

The child get collegiate-level coaching from college track and field athletes. Some college kids are better at coaching, but the child gets to work out at least two nights a week to work on their craft.

They get to compete in area track meets and have a chance to compete in the Summer Games of Texas, if they qualify.

We had a great time with our kids.
CorsicanaBear
Quote:

A damned interesting question. And one people should be continuously asking.
Illigitimus non carborundum
BearlyHeardFrom
lrwells50
trey3216 said:

Because Congress has been kicking this can down the road for decades. If their retirement was Social Security, I guarantee we wouldn't be in this situation.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.