05/14 - Waco Covid Hospitalizations hit Zero

6,835 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ImwithBU
ImwithBU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1550 active cases. 34 in hospital. Death toll up to 14
BellCountyBear
Yeah, this thread title didn't age well.
Edmond Bear

No kidding. Just saw that Waco has the 5th highest infection rate in the state.
ctxbear
BellCountyBear said:

Yeah, this thread title didn't age well.
So true. It's been interesting watching how everyone who sought to minimize the threat of the virus-- "Hey, 99.999% of people DON'T have the virus!" or "How many people die every year of the flu?!"-- are now morphing into "Hey, we're all going to die sometime, right?"
Brian Ethridge
Staff
14/1550 < 1%
tcbear
And that is less than 1% of active cases. If you consider all cases (i.e., those with little or no symptoms), the mortality rate is way lower.

With respect to otherwise healthy kids and college students, the mortality rate is even lower. In short, the data conclusively demonstrates that there is very little statistical risk of death for healthy college student-athletes.
BaylorHistory
Brian Ethridge said:

14/1550 < 1%

Hopefully it stays that way. Sadly a good chunk of these cases are only a week or so into their disease and it can take time for it to progress to death
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BaylorHistory said:

Brian Ethridge said:

14/1550 < 1%

Hopefully it stays that way. Sadly a good chunk of these cases are only a week or so into their disease and it can take time for it to progress to death
You saying we die as we age?
BaylorHistory
Brian Ethridge said:

BaylorHistory said:

Brian Ethridge said:

14/1550 < 1%

You might but I've never died so I don't think it's very likely.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BaylorHistory said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BaylorHistory said:

Brian Ethridge said:

14/1550 < 1%

Yeah, sooner or later.
ImwithBU
Brian Ethridge said:

BaylorHistory said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BaylorHistory said:

Brian Ethridge said:

14/1550 < 1%

Yeah, sooner or later.

Death rates always lag cases. When you see someone die from COVID then come and talks to me. I have seen many do well, and I have seen some die way too early. Try a 35 year old widow (husband died overseas) who leaves behind 3 children. Some of you don't care until it's you then you run your asses up to the hospital scared and ***** I literally have 2 nurses and 2 front staff out sick because they don't know how to stay at home for the holiday weekend. Now I wonder how many patients they came into contact with
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.