Waco's Showtime Gentleman's Club to be sold by longtime owner

8,875 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Brian Ethridge
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
BUbearinARK
I wonder if business was sagging
beardoc
Would like to see ChIp and Jo do a renovation. Shiplap dances, anyone?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I always dreamed of owning showtime and managing the talent, I will call Randy Monday.
Fat Daddy
beardoc said:

It would be a bust..... but Magnolia' on LaSalle could cause a nipple effect, I mean, ripple effect..... something different than the same ol' grind!
BUbearinARK
beardoc said:

I'm sure that couple is abreast of all possibilities.
Stranger
Does anybody remember a Showtime dancer back in the day named Tiny? A great big ol' gal. Pretty heavy but a hell of a dancer.
I'm a Bearbacker
Brian Ethridge
Staff
1.7 million for 4000 sq/ft

Hmmm... Turnkey valuation?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I remember Sabbath that drove a school bus for WISD during the day. After she retired her daughter worked there for a year or two. I remember Roxanne that had one arm. I remember Honey Ray that danced well into her 50's. Raven danced until her third trimester. Cobra danced way back in the mid 70's and stayed on as a waitress. She once chased me into the parking lot trying to return my billfold. There was a deaf biker chick called Harley for a while. She could only feel the beats from the music. I

Good times but I cant remember a Tiny.
trey3216
It's really been cleaned up over the years, but the biggest problem with buying the joint would be the fact that Randy is Grand-Fathered in on the new Waco laws against scrip clubs. Whomever buys Showtime will not be able to operate it as a scrip club any longer.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
T-REX
Is Showtime the last remaining strip club in Waco? I went to two minnies & sonnys both in the same night 1 time and 1 time only when i turned 19. both were hell holes that i wouldnt even send my worst enemy too
geewago
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I remember Sabbath that drove a school bus for WISD during the day. After she retired her daughter worked there for a year or two. I remember Roxanne that had one arm. I remember Honey Ray that danced well into her 50's. Raven danced until her third trimester. Cobra danced way back in the mid 70's and stayed on as a waitress. She once chased me into the parking lot trying to return my billfold. There was a deaf biker chick called Harley for a while. She could only feel the beats from the music. I

Good times but I cant remember a Tiny.
You must have been a great customer for Cobra to bring your billfold to you. I had a truck driver that worked for me for awhile and he got addicted to Cobra. She took his paycheck away from him every week (Legally of course). I had to go in there one time and fetch him out to go to work and he was setting with her and only had 9 dollars left. From what I saw I would say Cobra had a meth problem. Just an opinion. Looks can be deceiving.
trey3216
T-REX said:

Is Showtime the last remaining strip club in Waco? I went to two minnies & sonnys both in the same night 1 time and 1 time only when i turned 19. both were hell holes that i wouldnt even send my worst enemy too
Yes, they're the last one.
T-REX
trey3216 said:

T-REX said:

I always wondered what burned more. The fire at Sonnys or crabs?
Robert Wilson
T-REX said:

You just don't like naked women enough.
Robert Wilson
trey3216 said:

T-REX said:

That's bizarre. Waco is way too big not to support a strip club or 3. Post covid someone will make a move. There is a business opportunity there. Plus we have an in-town charity that will bring all your dancers pies.
trey3216
Robert Wilson said:

trey3216 said:

T-REX said:

That's bizarre. Waco is way too big not to support a strip club or 3. Post covid someone will make a move. There is a business opportunity there. Plus we have an in-town charity that will bring all your dancers pies.
It's because they made a law forbidding them, thanks to some stacked voting from Baylor folks on the council.
toughbear
Not that way back I didn't patronize a few, La Salle Avenue has a lot of potential and will benefit from a trashy Strip club leaving.
BealBear
trey3216 said:

Robert Wilson said:

trey3216 said:

T-REX said:

It's because they made a law forbidding them, thanks to some stacked voting from Baylor folks on the council.

Could you have one outside the city limits of Waco?
trey3216
BealBear said:

trey3216 said:

Robert Wilson said:

trey3216 said:

T-REX said:

Could you have one outside the city limits of Waco?
I believe so. I'd have to re-investigate the statute.
T-REX
even for me, strip clubs are a waste of money, stink of cigarettes and sweat, the girls are never as hot as you think they are, and unless baylor girls were working there, Waco will never have a club worth going to. Even then, it still isnt worth the cash.

My opinion has nothing to do with morals. But rather it is not worth $20 to $30 cover just to get in. In TX, it must be BYOB if full nude which is nice if you dont mind paying like $20 for some ice bucket lol. a 3 minute lap dance from a chick who does coke in the back room to stay awake for hours while covered in glitter that wont come off your clothes and stinks like Ames, Iowa is not worth any dollar amount.

And dont get me started on all that wrinkly under belly skin that basically all strippers have from their 5 kids from 10 different dads. If you want to waste the money for a 3 minute ride, go to Dallas or even Vegas. You at least would have A team talent. But even then it is still a waste of cash. I havent been to one since college and Abilene didnt exactly have top tier talent but there were prolly some Air Force wifes and I know for sure a few college girls there. Only once was it worth it when some coked out dude tried fighting me and 2 others simply for looking at him lol. Now that was funny watching the strippers hold him back as we laughed.

In summary, unless ChiO is dancing, Waco clubs aint even worth the cover charge.
Robert Wilson
trey3216 said:

Robert Wilson said:

trey3216 said:

T-REX said:

Man, six shooter junction is no more. Someone going to have to head outside of town I suppose. They'd make a killing.
Mr Tulip
Outright banning strip clubs would be an immediate and clear First Amendment violation. When I read the Waco ordinance (chapter 20), they seem to acknowledge that right up front. However, they then go to great lengths to cite a laundry list of evidence about the harm sexually oriented businesses do to a community, and the need to regulate them.

The code seems to suggest a licensing structure and permitting to operate with a default of approval. However, I have no knowledge of the history of applying for a license. Perhaps they're always shot down on a pretext?

Reading the code, it looks likely that a new owner of Showtime, without any red flags in the background check, could get a license. Now, I didn't look at location restrictions. If there are disqualifying businesses in the area, it could be that the location might preclude it from being operated as a sexually oriented business?

Frankly, I'm just not up to date on the attendance of strip clubs any more. Waco has the population, but I couldn't really tell you the demographic of who would go. Do the 20 somethings still do that?
BearlyHeardFrom
T-REX said:

even for me, strip clubs are a waste of money, stink of cigarettes and sweat, the girls are never as hot as you think they are, and unless baylor girls were working there, Waco will never have a club worth going to. Even then, it still isnt worth the cash.

My opinion has nothing to do with morals. But rather it is not worth $20 to $30 cover just to get in. In TX, it must be BYOB if full nude which is nice if you dont mind paying like $20 for some ice bucket lol. a 3 minute lap dance from a chick who does coke in the back room to stay awake for hours while covered in glitter that wont come off your clothes and stinks like Ames, Iowa is not worth any dollar amount.

And dont get me started on all that wrinkly under belly skin that basically all strippers have from their 5 kids from 10 different dads. If you want to waste the money for a 3 minute ride, go to Dallas or even Vegas. You at least would have A team talent. But even then it is still a waste of cash. I havent been to one since college and Abilene didnt exactly have top tier talent but there were prolly some Air Force wifes and I know for sure a few college girls there. Only once was it worth it when some coked out dude tried fighting me and 2 others simply for looking at him lol. Now that was funny watching the strippers hold him back as we laughed.

In summary, unless ChiO is dancing, Waco clubs aint even worth the cover charge.
#LetsGoBrandon
T-REX
BearlyHeardFrom said:

T-REX said:

exactly
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
From 1979 (my sr. year in high school) to 2019 (my last visit) I never paid cover at Showtime. If you walked in and looked out of place or afraid they might charge you a 5 cover charge. I liked Showtime because it carried a wide variety of girls, short tall young middle aged black white brown skinny chubby etc etc. Two Minnies girls were white blonds skinny and on the tall side. All the same.

Cobra's dancing days were over before I ever went. She was a good waitress and I once left my billfold on top of the table and left. She found it and hurried out to give it back. Still had everything in it.

All the girls had different stories. Some were college students (a very few Baylor girls, most were MCC or TSTI) some were single mothers some were druggies, some probably had mental problems some hated boring jobs and like working there, most were desperate in some way or the other for something missing in their lives.

My brother and I used to go in, buy a cold beer, sit in the air conditioning and watch girls dance naked. If we like the song we tipped a dollar, if not we would retire to the pool room till she was through .It was better and cheaper than going to a movie and beat watching tv. Always felt safe there and never had a bit of trouble.

ABC BEAR

I always dreamed of owning showtime and managing the talent, I will call Randy Monday.
If you need help auditioning waitresses, let me know.
BUbearinARK
ABC BEAR said:

If you need help auditioning waitresses, let me know.
yeah, I have a friend who I could have hop on over for a tryout.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Sadly negotiations involving me have come to a halt. My brothers wife has laid down the law on his participation as a joint owner.
Brian Ethridge
Staff

Sadly negotiations involving me have come to a halt. My brothers wife has laid down the law on his participation as a joint owner.
I have to think our SicEm365 studio show would be demonitized if we went in with you.
4th and Inches
Brian Ethridge said:

location near the shabby chique shops so a little something for the whole family...
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Gruvin said:

Brian Ethridge said:

location near the shabby chique shops so a little something for the whole family...
Takes a new meaning to "Honey, I'll just sit over here while you shop."
Robert Wilson
Gruvin said:

Brian Ethridge said:

That's a killer idea.

Re-brand it:
Showtime
- A Magnolia Respite for Men and Wild Women
T-REX
I'll buy it and rename it the Bear Cave.

All current BU students get $5 off cover with valid student id. Tons of tvs for watching sports. Then i buy a space at brazos parking and host the official bear cave tailgate. We bring some of the glitz and glamour from the club to the tailgate but keep the tops & bottoms on of course!

Big donations to the bear foundation gonna result from this venture!!!
quash

From 1979 (my sr. year in high school) to 2019 (my last visit) I never paid cover at Showtime.

Cobra's dancing days were over before I ever went.

My brother and I used to go in, buy a cold beer, sit in the air conditioning and watch girls dance naked. If we like the song we tipped a dollar, if not we would retire to the pool room till she was through .It was better and cheaper than going to a movie and beat watching tv. Always felt safe there and never had a bit of trouble.

First visit was 1978; if Tiny was a blonde I remember her, back when the stage was about six feet deep (maybe only 4) by ten feet wide.

Cobra continued to dance every now and then. Somebody mentioned meth: nope just a bad set of teeth. She left a kid to be raised at the Austin School for the Blind (not sure that's around anymore either).

Made friends with one dancer, she moved on to waitress at Rocky Raccoons and I represented her a couple of times over the years in family court.

Hot afternoons in the dark with a beer. Never had any trouble there.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.