Proposal for large development in Lorena

4,072 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Coke Bear
Showtime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CorsicanaBear said:

Waco's outrageous Impact Fees in its ETJ are going to drive developers to Lorena, Robinson and Hewitt.

It looked like a big chunk of Lorena falls in the ETJ. I know the house i just built would have had the fee.
CorsicanaBear
I think some places with a Lorena zip code / address but not in the city limits of Lorena are in the Waco ETJ, but not addresses actually in the Lorena city limits. I used to live in a house with a McGregor address but in the Waco ETJ. It was not actually in McGregor.
Illigitimus non carborundum
Coke Bear
Yogi said:

Lorena was never the smallest school in that district. Mexia, Salado, and Fairfield had smaller attendance in 2018. Lorena somehow lost 75 students between 2019 and 2020.
Those were/are all 3A schools. Lorena was 4A after the addition of 6A in Texas. They just dropped down to 3A this year. They were one of the smallest 4A's in the state.

The class of '19 was one of the largest (if not the largest) Lorena's ever had. Couple that with a smaller sophomore class and that yields the difference.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.