The Waco Food Truck Scene

963 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Coke Bear
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lots happening over the last few years

- Union Hall opened allowing a few food trucks to start a brick n mortar journey
- Guess went all brick n mortar
- Honky Tonk kid went brick n mortar
- Route 77 just opened with four food trucks so far. Looking forward to visiting this place next week.
- More food trucks are parking in areas outside of downtown
- Vietnomz has my vote for coolest Food Truck name

Story for Waco Trib subscribers -https://wacotrib.com/eedition/page-a1/page_5bc52ce0-3caf-58c0-ab2b-326a94c859e3.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

What else happening with Waco food trucks?

Coke Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i can't offer a "What's happening, but I can share a brief story about how far Waco has come ...

A few years ago my brother and I had a lemonade concession stand that we ran in some of the local festivals (Woodway's Road Runner Festival, McGregor's Founder's Day, Burnet's Bluebonnet Festival, and a few others).

We met some very interesting food vendors at these places. One guy that we meet owns the Nathan's Hot Dog cart here in Waco. He does private parties, lunches in downtown, etc.

He told me that he was THE original food truck in Waco. He worked with the City for more than six months to get a mobile food vendors license. The City did NOT want anything to do with food trucks and the hassle.

He stated the he was finally able to get them to OK the permit. IIRC he was the first person to be issued that license.

We've come a long way since those days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.