Waco closing down bars...again?

4,557 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Robert Wilson
Yogi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Everything will get better after inauguration day and Orange Hitler goes to prison.

Then, many current deaths attributed to COVID will go back to being attributed to other causes.

The mandates just need to last long enough to get people trained a little more so that the transition to the new system is a little smoother.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Robert Wilson
You're doing a whole of generalizing there.

As far as churches vs bars, we don't have First Amendment protection for bars. And the church services I've seen have all been very distanced as compared to what happens in bars.
Bexar Pitts
Porteroso said:

The people complaining about this are the same ones that didn't want to wear masks, socially distance, or avoid unnecessary large gatherings... And now that they've made it really bad again, are complaining the government is trying to slap bandaid on the problem.

We could have this under control, but many of you are the reason we don't. I think for sure churches should be shut down over bars, personally. Way bigger chance of being superspreader events.
I tend to agree with Robert W. In grade school, we called it a "Hasty Generalization." That being said, I can only objectively speak to my small church..We mask ,wash hands, and distance. It's worked so far. I haven't been in a pure "bar" ( oxymoron?) in over 30 years, but I believe many bar patrons tend to lose sight of imminent health risks while imbibing, and might not adhere to strict mask ordinances. I read that a lot of our spread is done in the home and in family gatherings where one family member may spread the virus unknowingly. In any event, the vaccines on the horizon hopefully will mitigate some of the contagion that we are experiencing now. I pray it will, anyway.
BaylorHistory
Robert Wilson said:

we don't have First Amendment protection for bars.
You know, someday...we're going to get enough people in the Supreme Court to change that law

“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Robert Wilson
BaylorHistory said:

Robert Wilson said:

You know, someday...we're going to get enough people in the Supreme Court to change that law

Maybe work something around the right to free association, or even just working on the definition of religion. Churches have had to turn into protests to stay open. Maybe now that the SC actually respected the establishment clause bars can try to turn themselves into churches.
trey3216
Robert Wilson said:

BaylorHistory said:

Robert Wilson said:

Maybe work something around the right to free association, or even just working on the definition of religion. Churches have had to turn into protests to stay open. Maybe now that the SC actually respected the establishment clause bars can try to turn themselves into churches.
I am establishing the 'Waco Freedom of Assembly' club to daily or weekly protest our rights to freely assemble together at a freely established entity.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Robert Wilson
trey3216 said:

Robert Wilson said:

BaylorHistory said:

Robert Wilson said:

I am establishing the 'Waco Freedom of Assembly' club to daily or weekly protest our rights to freely assemble together at a freely established entity.
I like it. Where do I sign up?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.