Baylor Scott and White...

3,734 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by WacoCat
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kwtx.com/2021/01/28/baylor-scott-white-health-contracting-out-jobs-to-cut-costs/
Bexar Pitts
I'm on a BSW medicare advantage plan..and not having much luck getting any information on local Covid vaccine distribution at any of their local clinics or pharmacies..I hope that changes soon...
trey3216
Bexar Pitts said:

I'm on a BSW medicare advantage plan..and not having much luck getting any information on local Covid vaccine distribution at any of their local clinics or pharmacies..I hope that changes soon...
We don't have much because the state and county only get what they are given. It's gonna be a while.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Bexar Pitts
trey3216 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

We don't have much because the state and county only get what they are given. It's gonna be a while.
Most of my family and a lot of my friends here in Waco see physicians in the Ascension Providence group..Most all of them have now had their first round of Covid vaccine...BSW can't even tell me when they might expect to receive vaccine. Is that because Providence is a local HUB? BSW only tells me to get the vaccine wherever I can.
Bexar Pitts
Interesting note...https://www.kwtx.com/2021/01/29/one-central-texas-vaccination-hub-isnt-open-to-the-general-public/
BBear77
Bexar Pitts said:

Interesting note...https://www.kwtx.com/2021/01/29/one-central-texas-vaccination-hub-isnt-open-to-the-general-public/
You need to know this decision is not being made in Waco. The decision to not provide the vaccine to the public are being made by Ascension Austin and St. Louis.
Bexar Pitts
BBear77 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

You need to know this decision is not being made in Waco. The decision to not provide the vaccine to the public are being made by Ascension Austin and St. Louis.
Understood. I am very pleased that so many of my family and friends have received the vaccine through Ascension locally.. My disappointment is being a BSW patient and NOT knowing when I'll be able to get a vaccine through my physician's clinic..or if I'll become infected before they can procure said vaccine..I'm sure many local citizens are in the same boat..And yes, like thousands of others on "waiting lists" , I'm diligently seeking vaccine through other local sources.
BellCountyBear
Scott & white in the name means they suck.
BBear77
My, how a little critical publicity changes things. I followed link and it said all appointments were taken. There was no option to sign up on a waiting list.

I guess a small step is better than where they were.

https://www.kwtx.com/2021/01/29/central-texas-vaccination-hub-that-wasnt-open-to-the-general-public-now-is/
Bexar Pitts
BBear77 said:

My, how a little critical publicity changes things. I followed link and it said all appointments were taken. There was no option to sign up on a waiting list.

I guess a small step is better than where they were.

https://www.kwtx.com/2021/01/29/central-texas-vaccination-hub-that-wasnt-open-to-the-general-public-now-is/
"I guess a small step is better than where they were." ABSOLUTELY! I see that BSW has set up their current 3 "HUB" operations in Dallas, Plano, and Marble Falls. I've always enjoyed receiving my healthcare from BSW in close proximity to my home here in Waco. I'm sure the many elderly 1b patients are glad to see a drive to North Texas or the Hill Country will apparently be required to get a vaccination from their chosen local healthcare provider.. I mean, why would BSW actually offer the vaccines in local clinics here in Central Texas..home of Scott and White Hospital? Guess that's the way big business operates now. Maybe someone in " Corporate" will wake up and do the right thing.
BBear77
I have signed up on waiting list all across the I35 corridor. It is a problem everywhere and I don't think any one person or entity is responsible.
Bexar Pitts
BBear77 said:

I have signed up on waiting list all across the I35 corridor. It is a problem everywhere and I don't think any one person or entity is responsible.
Of course not..I can only speak to what my Medicare Advantage provider offers me. As I've said previously, I'm sure seniors all over the area are experiencing the effects of a supply shortage. Some providers, in my opinion, have simply done a more efficient job of getting " shots in arms" of their patients.
Nguyen One Soon
Bexar Pitts said:

BBear77 said:

Of course not..I can only speak to what my Medicare Advantage provider offers me. As I've said previously, I'm sure seniors all over the area are experiencing the effects of a supply shortage. Some providers, in my opinion, have simply done a more efficient job of getting " shots in arms" of their patients.
The vaccine is free. Insurance doesn't enter the picture. Get them anywhere you can.
PartyBear
I take it that's each of you seeking the vaccine qualify for it at this time?

I think there may be at this time at least some corruption (for lack a a better descriptive term) locally regarding the vaccine. Meaning I think at least some people who are not eligible right now are getting it because of well placed friends. Which of course means those vaccines aren't available to those who qualify and are trying to get in. If there was unlimited supply this wouldn't be an issue but the supply is very limited at this time.
Bexar Pitts
Nguyen One Soon said:

Bexar Pitts said:

BBear77 said:

The vaccine is free. Insurance doesn't enter the picture. Get them anywhere you can.
We all understand that. Have you tried to get one? You're lucky if you are signed up in a County shot clinic..There's a waiting list now of 20,000 ...Some Ascension clinics contacted their 1b patients and provided them vaccinations..I don't know how many of their 1b received it, but I know many that have. They did a great job of getting "shots in arms" of their patients. Appears that now they're going to vaccinate other qualifying 1b folks. Good for them! HEB, Brookshires and other pharmacies are also offering shots when they can get them. Good for them too! Point is that it's hard to "find" a spot open to receive a vaccination ...People are doing their best.
Bexar Pitts
Bexar Pitts said:

https://www.kwtx.com/2021/01/30/baylor-scott-and-white-assists-mclennan-county-health-district-in-vaccination-clinics/ GOOD JOB BSW!
BBear77
Bexar Pitts said:

Bexar Pitts said:

https://www.kwtx.com/2021/01/30/baylor-scott-and-white-assists-mclennan-county-health-district-in-vaccination-clinics/ GOOD JOB BSW!
Nguyen One Soon
Bexar Pitts said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Of course not..I can only speak to what my Medicare Advantage provider offers me. As I've said previously, I'm sure seniors all over the area are experiencing the effects of a supply shortage.
We all understand that. Have you tried to get one? You're lucky if you are signed up in a County shot clinic..There's a waiting list now of 20,000 ...Some Ascension clinics contacted their 1b patients and provided them vaccinations..I don't know how many of their 1b received it, but I know many that have. They did a great job of getting "shots in arms" of their patients. Appears that now they're going to vaccinate other qualifying 1b folks. Good for them! HEB, Brookshires and other pharmacies are also offering shots when they can get them. Good for them too!
Easy there. I just mentioned it being free because you have mentioned your insurance in two different posts.
Bexar Pitts
Nguyen One Soon said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Of course not..I can only speak to what my Medicare Advantage provider offers me. As I've said previously, I'm sure seniors all over the area are experiencing the effects of a supply shortage.
We all understand that. Have you tried to get one? You're lucky if you are signed up in a County shot clinic..There's a waiting list now of 20,000 ...Some Ascension clinics contacted their 1b patients and provided them vaccinations..I don't know how many of their 1b received it, but I know many that have. They did a great job of getting "shots in arms" of their patients. Appears that now they're going to vaccinate other qualifying 1b folks. Good for them! HEB, Brookshires and other pharmacies are also offering shots when they can get them. Good for them too!
Easy there. I just mentioned it being free because you have mentioned your insurance in two different posts.
Guess I let my obvious and pent-up frustration seep into the keyboard..Apologies for that. I actually wasn't thinking in "insurance" terms as much as in my healthcare provider. I can see and understand your point. Only minutes after my posts, I was both surprised and pleased to see BSW getting into the local dosing regime...I know I appreciate it very much...and I'm probably not alone in that regard..
trey3216
Bexar Pitts said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Guess I let my obvious and pent-up frustration seep into the keyboard..Apologies for that. I actually wasn't thinking in "insurance" terms as much as in my healthcare provider. I can see and understand your point. Only minutes after my posts, I was both surprised and pleased to see BSW getting into the local dosing regime...I know I appreciate it very much...and I'm probably not alone in that regard..

Yes. One must have doses in order to give doses.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Bexar Pitts
trey3216 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

Bexar Pitts said:

No kiddin. Wonder why some healthcare entities got doses and others didn't? Any ideas?
BBear77
Bexar Pitts said:

trey3216 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

Bexar Pitts said:

No kiddin. Wonder why some groups got doses and others didn't? Any ideas?

It is a supply issue.

With that in mind, we all think we are being left out because someone else got it and we didn't. I don't believe that is the case. Everybody wants to get back to some sense of normalcy and that my friend will take some time. Hang tough, we will get through this "together".
Bexar Pitts
BBear77 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

trey3216 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Nguyen One Soon said:

Bexar Pitts said:

No kiddin. Wonder why some groups got doses and others didn't? Any ideas?

It is a supply issue.

With that in mind, we all think we are being left out because someone else got it and we didn't. I don't believe that is the case. Everybody wants to get back to some sense of normalcy and that my friend will take some time. Hang tough, we will get through this "together".
Copy that ,amigo. I'm right there with you. Thanks for your well reasoned and well communicated post.
beerman
Bexar Pitts said:

https://www.kwtx.com/2021/01/28/baylor-scott-white-health-contracting-out-jobs-to-cut-costs/

With net operating revenues of $550m plus, I certainly wouldn't agree these cuts/changes in their operating strategy were out of dire necessity. The large systems continue to abuse the communities that they serve.
Dia del DougO
Long time family association with S&W. It really just a huge business now, mired in red tape and bureaucracy, much like our government.

Still great doctors and health care professionals there, but the organization is a mess, to be polite.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Bearicade
BBear77 said:

How did you go about doing this?
BBear77
Bearicade said:

BBear77 said:

How did you go about doing this?

Started with this link and started signing up for waiting lists.

Scroll down for links to different hubs to find and how to sign up on waiting lists.

FYI, I have received my first vaccination through McLennan County Health District.
WacoCat
Yes it's because AP is a hub and has vaccinated almost 18000 folks already. Ascension is a national system, BSW is not. AP is actually helping the local health department get more vaccines and has shared many doses with the Family Health Center but the media won't tell you that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.