Say, does this crappie smell funny to you?

2,015 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bexar Pitts
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kwtx.com/2021/05/30/millions-of-gallons-of-wastewater-discharged-into-brazos-river/
Bear8084
Aggys call that Texas Tea down in CS.
Bexar Pitts
Bear8084 said:

Aggys call that Texas Tea down in CS.
Wonder how many prefer it to water w/lemon or a soft drink?
toughbear
the river flows real close to Aggie land
Shippou
Would definitely explain the intestinal parasites found in all the catfish recently. I wonder if this has happened more times than just what they've reported.
Bexar Pitts
Shippou said:

Would definitely explain the intestinal parasites found in all the catfish recently. I wonder if this has happened more times than just what they've reported.
If you're a regular Brazos River catfish eater, you might not want to know. :-)
Shippou
Bexar Pitts said:

Shippou said:

Lol I'm definitely not! But my dad and I do enjoy doing a lot of fishing around lake waco and on the Brazos. We don't really eat what we catch, but we take it back and clean and give them to my parents neighbors(who doesn't like free fish?). And it seems for like the last year or so a lot of the fish we've caught(bass, cats, crappie) have had tons of intestinal parasites. Probably about every 7 or 8 out of 10 has either had them in the guts or skin.
Bexar Pitts
Shippou said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Shippou said:

Lol I'm definitely not! But my dad and I do enjoy doing a lot of fishing around lake waco and on the Brazos. We don't really eat what we catch, but we take it back and clean and give them to my parents neighbors(who doesn't like free fish?). And it seems for like the last year or so a lot of the fish we've caught(bass, cats, crappie) have had tons of intestinal parasites. Probably about every 7 or 8 out of 10 has either had them in the guts or skin.
Well, that pretty much settles it for me..I'm goin' straight gar from now on..Once you get past the "lips", they're darn tasty.
Shippou
Bexar Pitts said:

Shippou said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Shippou said:

Well, that pretty much settles it for me..I'm goin' straight gar from now on..Once you get past the "lips", they're darn tasty.

That's what I've heard! Always wanted to try that.
BellCountyBear
Bexar Pitts said:

Shippou said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Shippou said:

What about gay gar, you damned homophobe?
Bexar Pitts
BellCountyBear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Shippou said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Shippou said:

What about gay gar, you damned homophobe?
I'm not sure, but that may fall in the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" column of fine gar dining.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.