What's coming beside Walkons

2,509 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SSadler
geewago
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's a new building going up right beside the Walk On's restaurant. Haven't seen or read anything about what it's going to be. Anybody know?
baylrballa
wasn't it supposed to be hopdoddys at one point?
PartyBear
A couple of years ago a Hop Doddy's was announced for Legend's Crossing (actually it may have been more like 3 years ago now) . Then nothing. I assumed the plan was quietly cancelled especially once the pandemic hit. I have no idea what is going in over there at that particular spot mentioned here and I am curious as well.
trey3216
I think it is an office building of some sort. Not another restaurant, I know that for sure
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
STxBear81
papacitos would be nice
cowboycwr
I read something just yesterday on facebook that was talking about all the new restaurants and construction being built around the area and that was mentioned but I don't remember what it was. Wish I could find it now but can't. It was on something like centex happenings or central texas happenings, etc.

But it had a bunch of restaurants on it that I had no idea had plans for new locations. Like a Marcos in Robinson, a bunch of Hewitt restaurants, etc.
PartyBear
What you saw on fb may not have been real.
whitetrash
PartyBear said:

You mean sorta like this?

FWIW, we batted 2 out of 7. The In'n'Out does nicely despite the construction, but the Potbelly was so awful it died a quiet death a couple of years ago.
trey3216
whitetrash said:

PartyBear said:

You mean sorta like this?

FWIW, we batted 2 out of 7. The In'n'Out does nicely despite the construction, but the Potbelly was so awful it died a quiet death a couple of years ago.
Potbelly sammiches are solid. It was in an awful traffic flow location for a pickup sandwich spot.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
PartyBear
Pot Bellies closed?
cowboycwr
PartyBear said:

It was a link to a news site so I figured it was. Several of the things it talked about also had stories in the trib or the basic news channels. Like Hawaiian bros, some chocolate store opening downtown (I think) Marcos, etc.
cowboycwr
PartyBear said:

Pot Bellies closed?

Yes. Maybe two or 3 years ago. It was always dead. Hard to get in and out of for a quick sandwich
Edmond Bear
PartyBear said:

A couple of years ago a Hop Doddy's was announced for Legend's Crossing (actually it may have been more like 3 years ago now) . Then nothing. I assumed the plan was quietly cancelled especially once the pandemic hit. I have no idea what is going in over there at that particular spot mentioned here and I am curious as well.

Hopdoddy's closed several locations early in covid.

bankerbear
It's an office building. New HQ for a education foundation.
Nguyen One Soon
BornAgain said:

papacitos would be nice

Helped host a Pappas rep several years ago when they were looking at possibly locating a couple of restaurants in Waco. They were very disappointed at the average low costs of lunches in Waco. Don't know if that might be different now.
SSadler
What's coming beside WALKON'S?

My truck once a week for fried shrimp (whether I need it or not).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.