Time for another Big 12 rock fight tonight..Tech at Kansas...

3,732 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aliceinbubbleland
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kansas has been living right this season. They're squeaking by everyone.
DanaDane
Tech big with a big mistake slapping that ball outward with no Tech players out there.

BALL GAME
DanaDane
Bears in solo 2nd.
JP1037
Both those teams are really good.
FWBear91
Dang it. Baylor will need a lot of help to win the B12 this year. 2 narrow escapes in a row for KU.
DanaDane
Fun game to watch.

I love Big 12 basketball.
RegentCoverup
Suspicious lack of calls for Tech in the OTs.

Kansas does a great job spacing on the perimeter and working the ball around. Braun and Awhatever got a lot of easy buckets,

But Kansas is very beatable. Goes to show the add age that reigns in college hoops is the team that makes fewest mistakes wins. There were some really sloppy possessions by both teams.
bear2be2
FWBear91 said:

Dang it. Baylor will need a lot of help to win the B12 this year. 2 narrow escapes in a row for KU.
Three in a row and four in the last five games.
CHP Bear
Tech up by 3 with approx. 7 second left. KU player is open and drains a three to tie game. So now OT. Why didn't Tech (around 10 second mark) foul and put KU on the line for 2. Even if KU drains the 2 FTs, that would have given them the ball with 10 second to go and 1 point lead? What am I missing?
RegentCoverup
I think Tech is very talented. But I watching their offense in this game, I don't know that I agree with the coaching moves.

Tech should have won this but they didn't get t the paint t like they did on us,
bear2be2
CHP Bear said:

Tech up by 3 with approx. 7 second left. KU player is open and drains a three to tie game. So now OT. Why didn't Tech (around 10 second mark) foul and put KU on the line for 2. Even if KU drains the 2 FTs, that would have given them the ball with 10 second to go and 1 point lead? What am I missing?
That's easy to second-guess after the fact, and it might have been a better strategy. But Tech played great defense on that possession. Agbaji just hit a really tough shot. Nine times out of 10, that's a miss and a Tech win. But good offense beats good defense sometimes in basketball.
DanaDane
It's because Warren fouled out. Nothing wrong with Tech's offensive strategy. They just have a team with skills more leaning to the defensive side. Not many pure shooters on that team outside of Shannon (who went 1-11; combined with McCullar, they were 2-22) and Williams is the only big they have with above average offensive skills.
Stefano DiMera
I like the ESPN crawl..

'Kansas needs 2 OT to repel Texas Tech'.

Repel?. What are they..roaches?
DanaDane
Earlier tonight they had on the crawl, "North Carolina seeps by Va Tech". Huh?
BellCountyBear
Chlamydia or gonorrhea? Decisions.
TXBEAR_bf
Tech got hosed on calls tonight, there were 4 in the final couple of minutes and OT that were just awful no calls. On one of the rebound attempts Tech player got pushed down right in front of ref and he swallowed the whistle. I was pulling for Kansas to win, but changed to routing for Tech after the typical BS that happens every freaking game at Lawrence. Tech is incredibly well coached, and they should have won that game, but the Phog…aka 8-5.
Stefano DiMera
Yeah I remember that play and had a *** moment as they called a minor bump on Tech seconds later.
bear2be2
DanaDane said:

It's because Warren fouled out. Nothing wrong with Tech's offensive strategy. They just have a team with skills more leaning to the defensive side. Not many pure shooters on that team outside of Shannon (who went 1-11; combined with McCullar, they were 2-22) and Williams is the only big they have with above average offensive skills.
Obanor was a really good outside shooter at Oral Roberts. It just hasn't clicked for him offensively at Tech yet.
Jack Bauer
What a game!
contrario
bear2be2 said:

FWBear91 said:

Three in a row and four in the last five games.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Good teams win the close ones, but there is some luck involved also. Hopefully they are using up all of their luck before our game with them.
BUletters
DanaDane said:

Wow. Obachi nailed it. Ooops. Agbaji. I never get it right.

Big defensive mistake by Tech. Was there any mystery who Kansas wanted to take that shot? The Tech defender just drifted away from him and it wasn't even a contested shot. Sheesh!
EvilTroyAndAbed
This is what Kansas does and has done for the most part for years. You think you got em, and they wriggle out and get the win. Did it the past two games.
IowaBear
If we want any chance to pass Kansas and repeat as conference champs tonight and WV Monday are must Wins. That puts the pressure on KU next Saturday. Time for us to defend the home court starting tonight
RegentCoverup
TXBEAR_bf said:

Tech got hosed on calls tonight, there were 4 in the final couple of minutes and OT that were just awful no calls. On one of the rebound attempts Tech player got pushed down right in front of ref and he swallowed the whistle. I was pulling for Kansas to win, but changed to routing for Tech after the typical BS that happens every freaking game at Lawrence. Tech is incredibly well coached, and they should have won that game, but the Phog…aka 8-5.
There was a blocking call too that wasn't even close and it went KU's way. It seemed like from then on, they wouldn't call a foul on KU.

That they were stopping the game to review video every time got old...

I don't like playing the officiating game, but this league is erratic..
Aliceinbubbleland
Already thinking ahead to the Conference Tourney. Can you imagine how that could easily be the wildest tourney ever with anyone capable of advancing to the championship game? I could see KU losing in the first round or WVU winning it all lol.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.