Business's are gearing up for the opening of the new Baylor Basketball arena

2,189 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by T-REX
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Pretty good stuff!!

gobears20
Staff
Brazos Landing looking at having ferry's to take people to and from the game
RegentCoverup
Would it be too much to ask the ticket office to help sell tickets to the Arena?

Our coaches complain that there are no fans and we've got a national title under our belt.
https://imgur.com/a/K6boSl2

Calrocks94
Let me paint you a picture it's a Saturday during basketball season. There's a game at three you go downtown have lunch go to the game, then go to dinner and then go see a live show at a small concert venue they really need to build a small concert venue downtown host bands
Yogi
gobears20 said:

Could be dangerous!

T-REX
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Would it be too much to ask the ticket office to help sell tickets to the Arena?

Our coaches complain that there are no fans and we've got a national title under our belt.

huh? Every non GA seat in the Ferrell was sold as a season ticket b4 the season began and thousands of GA were too. Most of those seats you see empty in your pic are due to people simply not showing up.

Foster will be very likely sold out 100% to season ticket holders minus the 500 standing room seats which I assume will be GA
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Griz
Here's the awesome thing, but it's the same for every sport.....the BMD's will have the primo seats. You think they are showing up for a Tuesday night game against Texas Southern?
T-REX
Griz said:

Here's the awesome thing, but it's the same for every sport.....the BMD's will have the primo seats. You think they are showing up for a Tuesday night game against Texas Southern?
they should because all fans should be showing up when they can
Baylor MBA 2023
Stefano DiMera
Students will have the primo seats...set up will be similar to Moody at UT.
SoonerFrogs
wont lie, pretty pumped to see this come to fruition.
T-REX
Stefano DiMera said:

there will be 10 or fewer rows for students behind the benches. Rest will be on one end behind the base line. Other side of the court will be BMDs as well as those directly behind the 10 or so rows of students plus court side seats. Seating will be closer to court but a lot of the best seats will still be owned by the bigger donors.

What I really fear is those who buy the seats behind the students constantly *****ing and moaning about then all standing. They better not for 1 second tell students to sit down.
Baylor MBA 2023
fubar
gobears20 said:

Hope they got the gar insurance premium current.
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
whitetrash
T-REX said:

Stefano DiMera said:

there will be 10 or fewer rows for students behind the benches. Rest will be on one end behind the base line. Other side of the court will be BMDs as well as those directly behind the 10 or so rows of students plus court side seats. Seating will be closer to court but a lot of the best seats will still be owned by the bigger donors.

What I really fear is those who buy the seats behind the students constantly *****ing and moaning about then all standing. They better not for 1 second tell students to sit down.
A lot will depend on how much drop there is from the bottom row of the permanent seats to the top row of the student seats below. One good thing about Moody Coliseum, even when it was originally built in the mid 1950s, was that you could stand on the top row of the courtside bleachers behind the benches (which were student seats when I was in grad school there in the mid-80s) and still not block the view of the seats behind you. If Foster has a similar setup, it should be ok. If not, it's a bad design. Here's a comparison:

T-REX
whitetrash said:

T-REX said:

Stefano DiMera said:

A lot will depend on how much drop there is from the bottom row of the permanent seats to the top row of the student seats below. One good thing about Moody Coliseum, even when it was originally built in the mid 1950s, was that you could stand on the top row of the courtside bleachers behind the benches (which were student seats when I was in grad school there in the mid-80s) and still not block the view of the seats behind you. If Foster has a similar setup, it should be ok. If not, it's a bad design. Here's a comparison:

makes me almost want to not take my last mba course in March and save it until January of next year just to sit in Foster as a student lol
Baylor MBA 2023
RegentCoverup
T-REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

huh? Every non GA seat in the Ferrell was sold as a season ticket b4 the season began and thousands of GA were too. Most of those seats you see empty in your pic are due to people simply not showing up.

Foster will be very likely sold out 100% to season ticket holders minus the 500 standing room seats which I assume will be GA

They're no shows. At a conference game. I understand well how it works, but it's still a half empty arena.

that's all it is. It's a scheme where they get the tax free dollars through the BBF , then sell a seat at a presumably discounted price because said buyer gave to the Baylor Bear Foundation.

The concept sounds great on paper.

Problem is, you still need butts in the seats and worse yet, you're not selling your ticket to someone that loves basketball, you're selling it to a football donor who might only go to 2-3 games of men's basketball. Nothing against football folks, but I like basketball. I don't want to buy football tickets and I won't pay for a ticket that's bumped because a football donor can't show up.

Prices act as signals, if you want people to attend, give them a reason.

Put..people...in...the seats.
RegentCoverup
whitetrash said:

T-REX said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Yep, the architect can make or break it. Not unlike the vaunted NCAA trying to hold a tournament game in Dickie's arena in Fort Worth. Wrong layout altogether and a terrible venue. But it's the NCAA, so big surprise. Can't imagine what went into an arena that's mostly going to fit the Rodeo market.

Arenas are changing because of technology. If your sight line is bad, you start to wonder why you aren't watching on a big screen with food nearby. If you are live at a lot of SEC games, the upper deck is either half empty or empties out after the first quarter. Upper deck seats with no shade in a sun belt state? Only at a night game.

T-REX
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

T-REX said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

They're no shows. At a conference game. I understand well how it works, but it's still a half empty arena.

that's all it is. It's a scheme where they get the tax free dollars through the BBF , then sell a seat at a presumably discounted price because said buyer gave to the Baylor Bear Foundation.

The concept sounds great on paper.

Problem is, you still need butts in the seats and worse yet, you're not selling your ticket to someone that loves basketball, you're selling it to a football donor who might only go to 2-3 games of men's basketball. Nothing against football folks, but I like basketball. I don't want to buy football tickets and I won't pay for a ticket that's bumped because a football donor can't show up.

Prices act as signals, if you want people to attend, give them a reason.

Put..people...in...the seats.
what?

You literally cant sell a seat that is already purchased by someone else. If someone buys a ticket and doesnt show up, there is 0 that Baylor can do to feel that seat because the second that person does show up, now you have sold 2 tickets for the same seat.

You can ***** and moan about our lack of promotions/marketing and the price of GA tickets for single games, although baylor mbb tickets have always actually been underpriced for what you get to see but people in waco just refuse to spend the money and baylor doesnt market well towards them either to entice them to spend the money. But no amount of promoting is going to get a ticket holder to sit in their seat if they dont want to show up. Every single school and professional team in every single sport follows the same model. You pay for the ability to buy the best seats you can afford.

And also in regards to price once more, majority of our games cost $25 or less include conference games. If people wont spend $25 to watch the best conference in college basketball than **** em. That is already cheaper than they should be
Baylor MBA 2023
T-REX
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

whitetrash said:

T-REX said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Yep, the architect can make or break it. Not unlike the vaunted NCAA trying to hold a tournament game in Dickie's arena in Fort Worth. Wrong layout altogether and a terrible venue. But it's the NCAA, so big surprise. Can't imagine what went into an arena that's mostly going to fit the Rodeo market.

Arenas are changing because of technology. If your sight line is bad, you start to wonder why you aren't watching on a big screen with food nearby. If you are live at a lot of SEC games, the upper deck is either half empty or empties out after the first quarter. Upper deck seats with no shade in a sun belt state? Only at a night game.

dickies is an amazing venue and there were absolutely zero bad seats in there. better seating than most dedicated arenas
Baylor MBA 2023
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.