Troubles in Frog Town

3,610 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by historian
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like Lampkin has left the team, perhaps due to Dixon telling Eddie he owns him! Weird stuff happening right before the dance
Fre3dombear
Another preacher coach citing a Bible verse?
ScottS
It's been said that Dixon looks like an upright skunk.
Stefano DiMera
Baylor and OU offered him out of Katy H.S. Any eligibility left or interest?
Stefano DiMera
You can go to his Instagram that's public...text messages between Dixon and Lampkins mom and Lampkin and an assistant coach about mistreatment and how he wanted to kill himself.. Very similar to Caleb Grill situation at ISU.

BearkatBear
In the text Lampkin sent to one of the assistant coaches he said "we're not slaves, that's how I feel" and the text his mom sent to Coach Dixon was about the "disrespect and racial remarks toward him"
facts don't care about your feelings
Chamberman
Dixon told his mom that the last day to enter the transfer portal was March 13 and wished Eddie good luck.
GoodOleBaylorLine
Sounds like he is gone

What a crazy season so far. Beard fired. Adams suspended (likely fired). Lampkin and Grill. Tech couldn't buy a win for half the conference play.
vanillabryce
Here's the IG post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cpilk6WJAxd/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Aliceinbubbleland
For once I'm glad I'm 83 years old. This **** is repulsive to me.
Stefano DiMera
He took it down

He has suffered some bad things recently..had a brother die in 2017.. another brother...former OU linebacker murdered in Dallas last year..and he missed our game in Ft Worth a couple weeks ago because of another funeral for a family member.
Fre3dombear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

For once I'm glad I'm 83 years old. This **** is repulsive to me.

We thought you were only in your 70s
Crawfoso1973
This is so sad. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Mitch Blood Green
My mom would never fight this fight for me.
Robert Wilson
Soft
Osodecentx
Come on guys. The charge of racism against Dixon is ludicrous. I will need video, audio, or a corroborating independent witness to sustain this charge.
JP1037
Agree. Needs proof. Too easy to make a false claim to settle a beef.
Team America
Good lord, the English language took a serious hit in those messages.
Oldbear83
Team America said:

Good lord, the English language took a serious hit in those messages.
Down goes Shakespeare!
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Timbear
Baylor wants Bible Study Leader coaches. It's almost a new requirement to have an ongoing statement of faith, it seems. Gotta be careful, as we're seeing. Anyone can "feel" anything. Feelings can be hurt over the slightest unintentional comment. It appears that just the accusation of racism has the power now to ruin lives and careers, just like the accusation of rape used to.
Timbear
I hope those accused of racism will stand up for themselves and makes the facts, if there are any, lead the way.
Johnny Bear
Timbear said:

It appears that just the accusation of racism has the power now to ruin lives and careers, just like the accusation of rape used to.

I of course don't know what really happened in this particular situation, but in general it is both ridiculous and troubling how watered down the "racist" accusation has become. We're at a point where virtually anything emanating from a white person that a person of color disagrees with or finds objectionable can be used as "evidence" of racism. What usually follows is the accused is immediately presumed guilty until proven innocent - and yes it does impact and even sometimes ruin careers and lives unjustly. I'm opposed to all TRUE racism regardless of the race of the racist or the race of the people the racist hates, but using the term and the accusation as a catch all for things that you simply disagree with or that hurt your feelings needs to stop.
BUBBFAN
Johnny Bear said:

Timbear said:

It appears that just the accusation of racism has the power now to ruin lives and careers, just like the accusation of rape used to.

I of course don't know what really happened in this particular situation, but in general it is both ridiculous and troubling how watered down the "racist" accusation has become. We're at a point where virtually anything emanating from a white person that a person of color disagrees with or finds objectionable can be used as "evidence" of racism. What usually follows is the accused is immediately presumed guilty until proven innocent - and yes it does impact and even sometimes ruin careers and lives unjustly. I'm opposed all TRUE racism regardless of the race of the racist or the race of the people the racist hates, but using the term and the accusation as a catch all for things that you simply disagree with or that hurt your feelings needs to stop.

Yes
vanillabryce
Looks like Lamkin is going to Georgetown to join newly hired Ed Cooley
historian
GoodOleBaylorLine said:

Sounds like he is gone

What a crazy season so far. Beard fired. Adams suspended (likely fired). Lampkin and Grill. Tech couldn't buy a win for half the conference play.

I think I read somewhere that Adams resigned. Maybe he got some sort of severance pay.
historian
Unfortunately, some whack is have targeted Shakespeare too.
historian
It won't stop as long as the people going keep succeeding. In fact, it's likely to get worse. Innocence until proven guilty, the rule of law, due process, justice being blind, and all the other traits of an effective system of justice are threatened these days. It's a mess & a shame and I don't see any easy answers as America becomes more divided & tribalism grows.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.