Seth Davis

2,358 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bear2be2
CTbruin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did I miss it?

What did he say after our 18 point win yesterday?
IowaBear
Who cares, why does anyone get butthurt when a sports reporter picks us to lose
CTbruin
Butthurt? Hardly

He was pretty adamant we would lose and lose badly. I was just curious.
IowaBear
Not calling you specifically butthurt but this fanbase gets way to in their feelings when anyone picks against the Bears
EvilTroyAndAbed
Every favorite except the No. 1 seeds had someone pick against them. People need to get over it. When looking for an upset, you could do worse than picking against a team who finished the season 2-4 giving up second half leads in all of the losses.

Believe me, Seth Davis isn't embarrassed for picking wrong. He doesn't care. He got some right and some wrong.
CTbruin
To me, it's not what he said but how it said it.
Bear8084
IowaBear said:

Not calling you specifically butthurt but this fanbase gets way to in their feelings when anyone picks against the Bears

Have to agree. It may come as a surprise, but most of sports media has a ton of respect for our program. Just because they pick us to lose when we actually do have some glaring weaknesses, doesn't mean they are hating on us. Even if they have some perceived tone.
DanaDane
He made fun of himself and his bracket picking abilities on several of the CBS/TBS/Tru/TNT in-between game segments and at the half breaks, with most of it focused first on his miss on Baylor in the early segments , but later on with his misses on other games too. Jay Wright kept busting his balls over it. It was there. You guys must not have been looking for it.
Fre3dombear
His middle name is Thomas

Just sayin
Stefano DiMera
Duke grad
BUAL
Let's play offended and channel that energy into staying in front of cutters.
Fre3dombear
DanaDane said:

He made fun of himself and his bracket picking abilities on several of the CBS/TBS/Tru/TNT in-between game segments and at the half breaks, with most of it focused first on his miss on Baylor in the early segments , but later on with his misses on other games too. Jay Wright kept busting his balls over it. It was there. You guys must not have been looking for it.

He does this to baylor every year. We know why. He knows the 2010 trophy should be in waco and he feels trophy guilt. So he's projecting to deflect
Big12Bear
Following the game the studio crew referenced a BU fans' tweet at him, laughing at the fact that every time he does this, BU wins big. He owned it.

Not sure if its an ongoing bit, but he has zeroed in on a BU upset at least two or three times. Can't recall the others, but may have been the 2nd round win over Colorado where Heslip hit 9 treys, or the 30 point blowout win over Creighton in San Antone.
Stefano DiMera
Those were later rounds so it's not as starting to pick us to lose.As someone said it has to be a bit..as he has seem to pick against us in the first round several years in a row against a double digit seed.
Big12Bear
Stefano DiMera said:

Those were later rounds so it's not as starting to pick us to lose.As someone said it has to be a bit..as he has seem to pick against us in the first round several years in a row against a double digit seed.
Both round of 32.
Stefano DiMera
Correct.
contrario
They have to pick upsets. They are going to happen. It's just a matter of which team gets hot at the right time. He was wrong about Baylor. Have fun poking at him, but it doesn't matter what their picks are. They don't actually impact the results of the game.
historian
Did anyone pick us to lose in the first 2 weeks of the 2021 tournament? I recall everyone expecting us to get to the Final Four. There may have been an occasional contrarian (I don't remember as my), but they would have been immediately silenced by everyone else in the room.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Betitall
He gets it honestly, his Dad is Laney Davis the Clintons lawyer and huge Democratic
Stefano DiMera
So Seth Davis murdered Vincent Foster? Or traffics small children?..I'm not seeing the connection to this thread of Seth picking against us every year in the first round.
bear2be2
Stefano DiMera said:

So Seth Davis murdered Vincent Foster? Or traffics small children?..I'm not seeing the connection to this thread of Seth picking against us every year in the first round.
Some people see everything through their partisan political lens. It's equal parts exhausting and annoying for everyone who doesn't.
Stefano DiMera
Haha.. right..and to really detail the thread and defuse his point..he was also Michael Cohen's lawyer in the Donald Trump Stormy Daniels situation.
Reverend
Interesting fact betitall. But the woke crowd is telling you to shut up.
historian
nm
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Stefano DiMera
My fact wasn't better?
bear2be2
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.