How long is Scott Drew's leash?

11,483 Views | 135 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Robert Wilson
ALLBEAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Really, though. How long is it? We are the most overrated team every year.
IowaBear
VERY long. Lifetime long
Bearsalwayswin
Would you like to go back to murdering each other
Harrison Bergeron
Infinity.

Delete thread. Ban User.
Jorkel
He'd have to have a lot of losing records to get bounced
boognish_bear
Aranda kept his job....you think CSD is gonna lose his??

(Btw...I don't want to lose CSD)
ALLBEAR
IowaBear said:

VERY long. Lifetime long
Round of 32 lifetime long will be it I guess
PartyBear
He is to our basketball program what Bill Snyder is to KSU' football.
IowaBear
I'm as pissed as anyone. And I thoroughly HATE our new recruiting strategy. But Drew has earned a long ass leash
Daveisabovereproach
Winning a national championship gets you an infinite leash at Baylor. Look at Dave Aranda. One good season out of four, and we're still keeping him even though everyone and their dog knows that he's toast. Drew is an upbeat, positive guy that fits the "Baylor vibe" or whatever you wanna call it. He is a good marketing tool for Baylor, and that's good for donations. Private schools need donations. Ergo, he ain't going anywhere anytime soon

not advocating that he get fired, because he would be very difficult to replace.
JP1037
ALLBEAR said:

You need a time out.
ZachTay
All the green-n-gold blinded haters in here just wanted to hate on other (more basketball knowledgable) posters like myself. But, I started offering to all of you in here a long time ago the lack of quality free throw shooting as a priority in Drew's program would cost the Bears. It did, as predicted. Drew's scheme has run its course.

And, by the way, Coach Calipari says "hi". One-n-done 5 Stars have NEVER made a material impact to any college program. Actually, in almost all instances they have cratered a once-successful program. Drew has gotten all caught up in that kool-aide and the results show. The best programs at the D-I have players who stick and play 2-3 years together, minimum.

Sadly,

Sic'em
JP1037
No Quarterback said:

Winning a national championship gets you an infinite leash at Baylor. Look at Dave Aranda. One good season out of four, and we're still keeping him even though everyone and their dog knows that he's toast. Drew is an upbeat, positive guy that fits the "Baylor vibe" or whatever you wanna call it. He is a good marketing tool for Baylor, and that's good for donations. Private schools need donations. Ergo, he ain't going anywhere anytime soon

Throw all that in the garbage. He is a top 10 coach in the nation. Best coach in the history of Baylor.
Daveisabovereproach
JP1037 said:

ALLBEAR said:

You need a time out.

For having an opinion that you don't like? Man, you are perfect for the premium board. As a matter of fact, I think it's one of the five required times today that you need to bow down to Cult Barber
ALLBEAR
JP1037 said:

No Quarterback said:

Throw all that in the garbage. He is a top 10 coach in the nation. Best coach in the history of Baylor.
Please copy and paste the pay side article that told you that.
ALLBEAR
No Quarterback said:

JP1037 said:

ALLBEAR said:

You need a time out.

For having an opinion that you don't like? Man, you are perfect for the premium board. As a matter of fact, I think it's one of the five required times today that you need to bow down to Cult Barber
Big brother type ***** It is weird.
Aliceinbubbleland
He just needs a great defensive coach. We have done absolutely nothing to build on since our championship team. And i'm in agreement with those who posted the Big 12 is overrated. Anytime one team dominates (KU) you have an imbalance.
EvilTroyAndAbed
ALLBEAR said:

No Quarterback said:

JP1037 said:

ALLBEAR said:

You need a time out.

Big brother type ***** It is weird.

So obviously you would fire him. Idiotic move.

Who would you get? We're not a blue blood. We are battling the blue bloods. We don't get to pick and choose.
ZachTay
Aliceinbubbleland said:

He just needs a great defensive coach. We have done absolutely nothing to build on since our championship team. And i'm in agreement with those who posted the Big 12 is overrated. Anytime one team dominates (KU) you have an imbalance.
Coach Tang says "Hi".

I'm glad, and impressed, you recognize the program's major turning point. Drew is the rah rah guy....the other coaches run the team. Tang was THAT much of a difference.
JP1037
No Quarterback said:

JP1037 said:

ALLBEAR said:

You need a time out.

Actually I was being nice. A good old fashioned belt whipping is deserved for being a moron who questions the leash of a National Championship coach who has taken Baylor to top 20 status year after year. Were you around prior to Drew? I was. It sucked. Just unfathomably dumb and likely a Kentucky or Louisville fan trying to stir **** up to hire Drew.

FWIW Premium board cheerleaders hate me. I think Aranda is a joke. Just like any moron questioning Scott Drew's tenure.
JP1037
ALLBEAR said:

JP1037 said:

No Quarterback said:

Please copy and paste the pay side article that told you that.

Anybody that knows anything about college basketball knows this. At worst top 20. Questioning that tells me you don't know much about college hoops.
ZachTay
JP1037 said:

No Quarterback said:

JP1037 said:

ALLBEAR said:

You need a time out.

Actually I was being nice. A good old fashioned belt whipping is deserved for being a moron who questions the leash of a National Championship coach who has taken Baylor to top 20 status year after year. Were you around prior to Drew? I was. It sucked. Just unfathomably dumb and likely a Kentucky or Louisville fan trying to stir **** up to hire Drew.

FWIW Premium board cheerleaders hate me. I think Aranda is a joke. Just like any moron questioning Scott Drew's tenure.
You are the worse kind of fan. Loosening high expectations year over year. Thank God you're not in athletic administration. One natty and you give coaches a lifetime contract? Couldn't be more blinded.
Bearsalwayswin
I don't get where you're coming from though. Answer honestly was this season worth firing a head coach fromv? Have the past 5?
JP1037
ZachTay said:

JP1037 said:

No Quarterback said:

JP1037 said:

ALLBEAR said:

You need a time out.

You are the worse kind of fan. Loosening high expectations year over year. Thank God you're not in athletic administration. One natty and you give coaches a lifetime contract? Couldn't be more blinded.

Good grief. So incredibly wrong.

But if you were AD we would be a laughing stock of the nation for firing Drew.
EvilTroyAndAbed
ZachTay said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Coach Tang says "Hi".

I'm glad, and impressed, you recognize the program's major turning point. Drew is the rah rah guy....the other coaches run the team. Tang was THAT much of a difference.

Yeah, he's doing wonders at Kansas State where he finished ::checks notes:: 10th in the conference.
randybear
Quote:

Drew needs to stop getting the one and done and get players that want to come to Baylor and be developed. The one and done don't learn the system and are playing individual ball.
PartyBear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

ZachTay said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Coach Tang says "Hi".

Yeah, he's doing wonders at Kansas State where he finished ::checks notes:: 10th in the conference.

I assumed he meant Tang back as his number 2 guy which isn't going to happen unless KSU fires him.
cleverbearname
It sucks but that's the tournament. Would you rather be Virginia or Gonzaga? Gonzaga consistently deep in tourney but never won it all. Virginia constantly upset or losing early as a higher seed but have a championship.
ZachTay
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

ZachTay said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Coach Tang says "Hi".

And another "only sees yesterday" fan.

KState's record before and with Tang: 10 Years under Bruce Weber: 184 147 .560 Avg 18 W 15 L per year
KState's record 2 year with Tang: 45 25 .643 Avg 23 W 12 L per year

Tang makes a difference. And did at Baylor. His impact is not replaced with current staff. All I'm saying.
EvilTroyAndAbed
ZachTay said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

ZachTay said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Coach Tang says "Hi".

KState's record before and with Tang: 10 Years under Bruce Weber: 184 147 .560 Avg 18 W 15 L per year

Tang makes a difference. And did at Baylor. His impact is not replaced with current staff. All I'm saying.

Your right. We need to offer Tang the assistant coach job again. Let me know how that turns out.
CizzLark
How long is the line at a grocery store before Thanksgiving?
Aliceinbubbleland
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

ZachTay said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Coach Tang says "Hi".

No one said he was a great head coach (yet) but our D has taken a nose dive since he was and assistant.
bear2be2
The worst thing about losing in the tournament -- and I hate losing in the tournament -- is the parade of idiotic, reactionary posts by morons who haven't posted here all season long.
bear2be2
ZachTay said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

ZachTay said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Coach Tang says "Hi".

Jerome Tang was here for the entirety of the Scott Drew era before 2023, and we had about two or three good defensive teams before the 2020-22 stretch everyone uses to cite his irreplaceable influence.

The truth is those teams were good defensively because we had a lot of really special individual defensive players on them. When we haven't had program-changing defenders, our defenses (especially in man) have looked a heck of a lot like this one did -- with or without Tang on our bench.
EatMoreSalmon
Louisville fans on the board, it seems.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.