Jamal Shead to declare for NBA draft

976 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Quinton
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The good news keeps coming today.

EvilTroyAndAbed
I really thought he was coming back. He still can. Butler and Teague declared and then came back.
jikespingleton
Shouldn't this thread be on a cougar high forum?
whitetrash
jikespingleton said:

Shouldn't this thread be on a cougar high forum?
Can't be. 7-11 doesn't have wifi.
bear2be2
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

I really thought he was coming back. He still can. Butler and Teague declared and then came back.
I'm afraid Jamal Shead is cut from the same cloth as Mike Miles Jr. -- an elite college player who just doesn't fit the mold the NBA is looking for.

I really like both of those guys. They're two of my favorite non-Baylor players of the last 10 years. But I don't see either having much impact at the next level because they're not built for the NBA game.

I wish there was a place for both of them. Because they're great leaders and players. But the NBA is all about spacing and the 3-point shot and neither bring much in that regard.
parch
Probably got sick of seeing a hyped up Houston team bounced in the tourney every year.
bear2be2
parch said:

Probably got sick of seeing a hyped up Houston team bounced in the tourney every year.
I doubt it. They've made it to the Sweet 16 or deeper each of the past five completed tournaments. I'm pretty sure Gonzaga is the only other program in college men's basketball that can claim that. The tournament underachievement charge doesn't fit the modern Houston men's program. They were a Jamal Shead injury away from potentially making their second Final Four run in four years with an Elite Eight and Sweet 16 in between those.
DP4LIFE
I hope he goes. Dude is a beast. And I think he will be decent in the NBA due to his strength and speed.
Quinton
I still agree but could have enough D to stick as a 12th man somewhere after a few years of floating and working nonstop on his shooting form. But even those guys have a semi reliable 3 or are at least 6'2".

Will be tough but best chance is to go right now and get started. Sheads borderline but I think going pro and getting started trying to find a niche beats Nil in this case. Now a guy like Cryer with no shot.. playing a fifth year is the obvious choice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.